Main Menu

Entry forms

Started by Derek Coghill, January 31, 2008, 18:48:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Coghill

Pack just arrived; just thought I'd check whether these get sent to BARC as normal (but without the money)?

Paul Robertson

Derek please don't do anything yet .The racing club entry forms will be out shortly and we would ask everyone to fill them in and send them back to steve (probably along with the barc ones)
Paul

Derek Coghill

Ok, will await further developments.

Steve Panas

Registration for the 2CV Championship 2008 with BARC is now due if you haven't done so. This can be accessed on the BARC.net website.
Click competitions then saloon cars. Click on 2CV Racing regulations and on page 18 print off and return for free registration to BARC.
Steve :lol:

Andy Craig-Smith

You can also register on-line, save on paper, envelopes, stamps & time.
It works, I've done it.
Rocket Dog Racing

Trevor Williams

So.....
When are we actually going to get our Club entry forms? Cheques been cashed, but no forms received!
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Paul Robertson

In time for the season to start trev.

Steve Panas

Now then,
It would appear that with less than two months to go to the half way point of the season that certain registrations are still not forthcoming. Everybody has paid to enter the races organised but still have not got the basic accreditation required to race this championship.
MSA licence : Without express return [3 days at an extra £42] the lead time is now 3 weeks from receipt at the MSA. I cannot consider that anyone who is alarmed at the increased price of racing within the club would want to go for that option. So the final date for posting to receive your licence in time for Silverstone is the 16th March
If you haven't joined the 2CV Racing Club via Christine you will not have a valid racing number and not be entered into the championship for 2008.
To register for the Championship you need to register with BARC. This can be done online at the BARC website. But without the above you cannot do this. Remember that the final entry for the Silverstone meeting is Friday 14th March. After this date BARC ahve advised that they will be firm in charging late entry fees. So this would mean an extra £120 for the 2 races just because the entry form is entered late.
Once successfully entered at BARC you should receive the official entry forms.  I would chase Nicola Bush if not received within 5 days. There is no money to pay just lovely forms to fill in. These can be submitted all together for the whole season. BARC are aware of who has paid the club for the whole season.
The final result we are all looking for is the confirmation of entry and the final instructions from BARC.
If anybody is having a difficulty with any of the above please contact me
Regards
Steve
PS
We cannot design a club form for insurance reasons so we have made the decision to use the BARC form. This has there official disclaimer on it. In essence all BARC require is your signature and contact details. Any details such as you mention leave blank or mark TBA. Where ever you finished in the championship last season is your number, enter this.
::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;D

Frank Barnard

Re.getting a valid racing number, I sent off my completed race membership form on 17 January with a request for race number 70 (and also the appropriate cheque) but have heard nothing...
Frank Barnard

Martin Harrold

I saw the new 'rule' that our '08 race number is to be our last years championship finishing position. How impressed the spectators will be to see that we finished 42nd!

How silly. We've raced as 97 for nine years. It's good for marketing, as all the photos ever taken are 'current'. We've built up a modest franchise as the '97' car. Why the need to change?

Now, we shall enter (when the forms arrive) all the races this season and if by some odd and extremely unlikely chance, end the season in the top three, I might think differently about numbering for '09.

But, we may have learnt the trick to winning. We've just fitted a new Sabelt seat (supporting the club sponsors), with those head wing things. When I sit in it, I can hardly see over the bottom of the windscreen. Much lower CoG so better for cornering, but now I know why Pete S always has his ventilation flap(on the car, that is) open. Would the regs allow us to replace that with perspex to avoid us having to raise the seat height? That would be purely a safety mod.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Matthew Hollis

Martin,

It is my understanding re: numbering rule that the following applies:

1-10 Reserved exclusively for drivers finishing in that position in the previous year.  No other driver may take this number.  The driver who it is automatically reserved for is under no obligation to take it however.

11-44 Reserved for drivers finishing in that position in the previous year, again no obligation to take it, any driver may have the number if no dispute.

44-99 Open to any driver on a first come first served basis.

So, you can have 97 unless someone else has got there first!  I'm not aware of there being a rule change  ???

Like you Frank, I applied for 72 this year (my original number), no idea if I've got it but as I haven't heard anything I assume I have - I've filled out all my other forms with this number.

Matt

Martin Harrold

Matt - thanks for clarification.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

Ok, entry forms all sent off apart from the 24hr one. I presume there'll be some sort of scheme for that when the time comes?