Main Menu

Mallory - Date change.

Started by philip myatt, May 13, 2008, 19:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

philip myatt

Due to other formulas being binned the meeting at Mallory on 8th June is being cancelled. Our races are now rescheduled for 21st Sept.
Totally out of our control, sorry for inconvienience.

Philip

Trevor Williams

Couple of potential problems with that:

1) It only needs one competitor who has entered the championship to complain / say they can't make it, and the races have to become non-championship
2) Same weekend as the Britcar 24 hour race, the Goodwood Revival and the last race of the BTCC, so it's going to be a massive struggle for marshals

Good job I hadn't bought tickets to the BTCC or volunteered to be a Clerk for the 21st meeting!

What are the championships that have been binned?

What about the Club using some of the cash in the bank to purchase the entire days racing and run some fun races as well as the Championship events?

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Marc Fenner

Damm im not going to be able to do that as im driving at Goodwood that weekend! :(

Derek Coghill

Fine, so the 24hr isn't going to be the title decider then! More time to laze around between race meetings, too. Might even do some gardening.

Paul Robertson

I think i'm on holiday ,bugger.
No,apparently i'm not, hurrah.

helen deeley

I had other plans too, guess I'll have to change them now  :'(
At least its rearranged rather than totally cancelled
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Martin Harrold

I simply cannot make the race on Sept 21, as I'll be en-route to a very big trade show which opens in Germany on the Tuesday.

However, it hardly seems fair on others that that could cause the re-scheduled round to become non-championship. So, I'll just plead insanitary or somesuch.

Would I qualify for a refund of entry fee, already paid? - we could spend that on a day out testing at Llandow in July.

Frankly, I'd rather that the club somehow got involved in promoting a race meeting on the date which has been cancelled. Or, is the cancellation telling us that generally entry levels are down this year and BARC are just being prudent? Maybe they are taking on the mantle of prudence from a certain Mr Brown, who does rather seem to have lost his grip on things.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

philip myatt

Martin
I'm currently discussing that exact scenario with Dale at BARC. I'm hopeful of a sensible outcome but it will be dependant on a number of factors. For instance it may be possible to transfer your entry to someone else, as Mallory has the smallest grid we may still be able to get a full entry.
Philip

Mary Lindsay

Hi all, I have just received from the BARC a request to sign and return a form agreeing to the date change.

Before I do I just wanted to make sure that is the wish of the majority that I do so in view of the suggestion of another date and the ongoing discussions with BARC.

philip myatt

Mary
Basically the change requires unanimous agreement, it only requires one member not to agree for the race to become non championship.
Philip

Mary Lindsay

Philip,
I understand that, I just wanted to make sure that by agreeing to it I was following the party line so to speak.........
Mary

Andy Craig-Smith

So Philip, or P P.
As your 103 points ahead over 2nd place and if you vote no, that means the 24 is the decider. The 2nd place driver would have to qualify pole, get fastest lap & win with you DNF to beat you !!!!!!
Food for thought.
Rocket Dog Racing

philip myatt

A very good point, almost tempting but not the way I'd want to win the championship. For the record my agreement to the date change has already been sent to the BARC.

Mary Lindsay

OK, mine will go in the post today.

Paul Robertson

Quote from: philip myatt on May 27, 2008, 13:23:44
A very good point, almost tempting but not the way I'd want to win the championship. For the record my agreement to the date change has already been sent to the BARC.

I'm sorry ,did you discuss this with me first philLEEP? No!Right ,get running after the postie in the morning and tell him you posted a letter by mistake .......