Main Menu

Mallory - Date change.

Started by philip myatt, May 13, 2008, 19:28:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Mary Lindsay

Paul, is this a standing in-joke or should I not post the consent?

Derek Coghill

Trevor Williams

Mary
Post your agreement (or not), everyone who is registered for the Championship needs to reply
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Mary Lindsay

OK Trevor, I will. I just wanted to make sure that it was in accordance with the wishes of those most closely involved with the series.

philip myatt

As of today 13 registered competitors have not replied to BARC's request for agreement to this date change.
A deadline of 30th June 2008 has been set for all replies to have been received by BARC.
A no reply will have to be considered to be not in agreement with the date change.
Only one member not in agreement will result in the Mallory races becoming non championship, Snetterton would then become the championship decider.

Philip

Mary Lindsay

Mine was posted some time ago.

Does BARC have a list of replies received?

If you could see this you could then chivvy up the ones who have not.

Frank Barnard

Having just undergone a major op, and beginning to catch up with life as opposed to the other thing, I find this issue on my list. As a registered 2008 championship contender (hollow laugh) I need guidance on what to do, being somewhat out of touch, so I don't spoil things for those still hale and hearty...

Paul Robertson

Good to hear you are on the mend frank,i had a letter but have not registered so chucked it phil.Shirley those that don't reply should be abstentions not no-votes .

Trevor Williams

Paul, The MSA Regulations state that ALL registered competitors must agree to the change to the approved regulations in writing. It is not a majority vote.
The only way to get that done is not to rely on people returning a BARC form, but for the club to chase them up. If we had left it to BARC over the last two years, we would not have raced at both Anglesey (2007) and Silverstone (2006)
As Phil states, it only needs one registered competitor to either not return their form, or not agree to the change and the Mallory rounds are a non-championship event
Cheers
Trevor

Paul Robertson

We best have some lists then ,coz we know most people don't come on here anymore,so won't see this.

philip myatt

The list as it currently stands.

6 Panas

13 / 23 Cardell-Williams

14 Callender

24 Thompson

31 Hocking

34 Thompson

40 Roads

43 Jacques

68 Finch

70 Barnard

84 Turner

90 Baker

Frank Barnard

Okay, so lacking (or not being able to find) said form, who at the BARC do I write to please, with what info?

philip myatt

Write to Dale Wells saying if you agree/disagree with the Mallory date change.

Cheers

Philip

Trevor Williams

Or email me your response as I am seeing Dale and Nicola tomorrow at Silverstone

Steve Panas

::)
I have emailed Trevor as per his invitation