Main Menu

9.0:1 barrels and pistons + cam shaft

Started by Dennis List, November 24, 2008, 21:15:46

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis List

Hi all,

first of all my apologies that my first post on this great site has to be one in the Wanted category. I do really intend to spend more time here once i get my project going (which is a road going 2cv with some engine beef-ups).

For my project, i am looking to get some nice 9.0:1 barrels and pistons. I believe these are Dyane parts? And secondly, i am looking for a racing cam shaft. Now i was informed that Kent Cams were the best ones to use. I am aware of the club membership that will give me the option to buy a club cam shaft, but i am not planning on going to the track anytime soon...

If you got anything i need, or know where i could best get it, please let me know. 

Thanks!

Trevor Williams

9:1 Pistons and barrels are available new from ECAS 01785 282882. Probably the argentinian ones, though they may have some Perfect circle ones too

The club spec camshaft is from Kent Cams 01303 248666. The need a good second hand donor cam with enough lift to enable it to be re-ground, or failing that get a new standard cam from ECAS and have it ground by Kent

Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Dennis List

Thanks for the swift reply Trevor. Somewhere i heard the Argentinian barrels and pistons were a bit unreliable. Of course people often say things, but i guess they will do fine?

I just emailed Kent asking for pricing, thanks!

Trevor Williams

When you replace your camshaft, replace the valve springs with new ones, as well as a set of inner valve sprins too

Paul Robertson

Don't buy the club cam for a road car buy a semi race cam instead .and why not buy some oversize pistons 610cc in stead of the 9:1 ?
Oh and yes the argentinian barrels are not very good,generally thge barrels need honing as the are not round more like oval and if honda couldn't make oval pistons work we have no chance.

Dennis List

Kent responded that they could make a nice mild or fast road profile. I am tempted to choose the last one of course :) They are aware that it is for a normal road car, not a special racing one.

610cc? You mean the "Big Bore" ones?
And thanks for the bit on the argentinian ones.

Dennis List

Thanks for the help so far lads. I have sent the camshaft to Kent Cams last week, where they will grind it to a nice fast profile. I am also ordering the Perfect Circle 9.0.1 barrels and pistons from ECAS (if they let me pay by bank transfer...).

Should be a nice first step :) Up next... Twin carbs?  ::)

Trevor Williams

Twin carbs, eh? This has been looked at by the club, with varying results. I believe they showed good gains on the rolling road, but were not good on the track!
There are a few people in the club with some experience of them, so ask away and you will get some answers!
Trevor

Dennis List

I'll definately ask around when i am ready to go that way :) For now, waiting for Kent to return the camshaft and ECAS for the 9.0.1 barrels and pistons :)

Dennis List

As i will order the barrels and pistons from ECAS and my cam shaft is curently being ground by Kent Cams, this topic can be closed. I'll definately get back with some more performance questions later on. Thanks so much for the replies so far.

Cheers!