Main Menu

Steering arms

Started by Derek Coghill, November 26, 2008, 21:03:36

Previous topic - Next topic

Derek Coghill

Does anyone know where I can buy the modified arms (bielles de direction) for use with 14" wheels? The Belgian web address I have doesn't work any more.

Bart van Wijngaarden

I'm not sure who sells them, but you could try Pierre Focant [email protected]. I think he or at least Thierry (Pierre's good friend) used to race and might be able to help you out.
You could also try the guy from www.pp-2cv.be...

But can't you make them yourself? I have seen many different designs at Spa, but probably the easiest is to cut the steeringarm and turn the end 180 degrees, like on this car:

Andy Craig-Smith

Ring mark turner on 07887607068 he can make them for a price !!!
Rocket Dog Racing

Derek Coghill

<But can't you make them yourself?>

I would, but (1) I'm not sure of the angles, and (2) not sure about welding critical steering components (my electrical welding skills, or lack of...)

PP was the one I was after, thanks.

Might give Mark a call....there's an Ami Super LH arm on ebay at the moment, about which I was notified this morning.

Bart van Wijngaarden

Hi Derek,
I visited Pierre Focant and Thierry Gaudin yesterday and they showed me there steering arms they modify to allow for 14 inch rims. What the do is cut it and reinforce it and thereby place the steering ball in the same position as on a mehari 4x4, which also got 14 inch rims.
If you are unlucky with with pp it worth contatcting them, because Pierre sells these arms as well.

Cheers, Bart

Simon Crook

Hi Derek - what bit do you need (not up to speed with al the bits yet)
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Derek Coghill

Simon; the ball-ended bits that bolt to the hub carrier....but modified ones to allow me to use 14" wheels - this is for an old Belgian spec car.

Bart - haven't contacted PP yet, don't suppose the source matters too much - in which language should I write to your friend?

Bart van Wijngaarden

You can contact Pierre in English, or French of course.

Simon Crook

Hi Derek

these are on ebay - item no: 320322005598 sorry don't know how to do the link thing!
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Derek Coghill

Hi Simon - not those but the ball-ended bits that bolt onto the two holes on them visible in the photograph.

Paul Robertson

Derek, they are fitted upside down to the opposite side and  a cut out in the arm to allow clearance if my memory serves me right.If you can't sort them send me the wheels and lever arms and i will modify them for you when i'm back on my feet.