Main Menu

Tyres

Started by philip myatt, March 27, 2009, 08:43:58

Previous topic - Next topic

philip myatt

Hi all,
As a lot of you may be aware it is getting progressively more difficult to obtain tyres, to the point of almost impossible at the moment.
In an attempt to rectify this situation for the future we (management team) have put 100 Michelins on order and intend to maintain a club stock holding to ensure that tyres are available when you need them. Unfortunately they are not going to be with us until the 2nd week of May which could be just before or more likely just after Mallory.
If you have an acute tyre problem eg none to race on, let us know and we'll try and put you in touch with someone who has a surplus.
Your quite welcome to start placing your orders so that we can assess if the 100 is actually sufficient!!

Philip

helen deeley

Is this the michelins as in the expensive tyres?
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Steve Panas

These are more expensive than the Firestones were. But, they do not need buffing [saving there] and means you don't have to throw away half the tyre. Tete Rouge # 1 used one set for all season including the 24 on a set that were buffed down to 3.5mm and still had 1.5mm left at the end. So dearer at the start but in fact cheaper thru' use.

Mary Lindsay

I spoke to Paul Robertson in January and told him that I would like 4 of them.
Have others done the same?

Paul Robertson

Quote from: helen deeley on March 27, 2009, 09:57:23
Is this the michelins as in the expensive tyres?
The firestones at north hants tyres are £78.50 and must be buffed to stop them chunking ,the michelins are £76 and don't need to be buffed.

Lien93

Put me down for Four, please.

Matthew Hollis

I'll have 4 please as well

Neil D Thompson

Put us down for 5 please, as discussed at Silverstone. :)

Aubrey Brocklebank

Put me down for 4 please
Aubrey

Aubrey Brocklebank

Please see Notice and the exchange and Mart section under the 24 Hour race
Aubrey

Mary Lindsay

Hi all, they came too late for us but if it helps anyone else I understand that there are some new Michelins for sale at:
Longstone Tyres
Hudson's Yard
Doncaster Road
Bawtry
Doncaster
South Yorkshire
UK
DN10 6NX

Tel: 01302 711 123