Main Menu

Spa 2009

Started by philip myatt, June 07, 2009, 16:16:05

Previous topic - Next topic

philip myatt

This year the 24h24 at Spa is taking place on 16/17/18th of October.
Anyone interested in doing the full race? Entry fee 3200euros. English spec cars allowed to run unmodified and using jerry can for re-fuelling.
Some have asked about a shorter race and the Belgians have offered us a 5hr race to run concurrently with the 24hr for the first 5hrs, they initially offered this at 1100 euros per car for a minimum of 10 cars. Having had little feedback/interest I've been negotiating with them for a better price, this has resulted in a final offer of 750 euro's per car, again requiring a 10 car entry.
So, are you interested?
alternatively if you are an individual who wants to hire a drive in one of the many Belgian cars let me know and I'll put you touch with suitable car owners, with an entry regularly exceeding 70 cars there is normally plenty of good drives to choose from.
This is a fantastic opportunity to drive a fabulous track.
Let me know

Philip

Nick Roads

I am looking at both options for taking my car to SPA

What are the driver licence requirements ?

philip myatt

you need a Nat A.

Derek Coghill

Not sure, depends on term times and things. I doubt it'll be the same team as last year as Richard's off mud-plugging in Africa sometime. Definitely maybe.

FastKars

Good topic Philip! We, the Flying Dutchmen team, have planned to race both the 24Hrs of Snetterton and the 24Hrs of Spa.
So we need you guys to make it a race!

Alec Graham

Philip
If i have 4 drivers wanting to hire a belgian spec car. is that available.
Alec

philip myatt

Which class would you like classic, amelioree, prototype or hybrid.
Will you be crewing the car yourselves?
let me have some more info on [email protected] and I'll get the ball rolling for you.

philip myatt

Anyone interested?
Clearly not enough, if there aren't 10 firm commitments by Oulton next week I'll let the Belgian organizers know that there is not enough support for the proposal.

Derek Coghill

If I go, it'll be to have another shot at the 24h24 and the car won't be quite to UK spec this time so would be ineligible for the shorter race.

Nick Roads

I also would go for 24H not for 5H if we get it together after (perhaps more accurately keep it together at) Snetterton

Steve Burns

Hi Phil,

I'd definately be interested in a drive at Spa, especially since I am missing the Snetterton race this year due to stupidly arranging a clashing commitment  >:(

Did I read correctly that you will be 'officiating' at Donington Park this weekend?  If so we can chat about it then.

philip myatt

Yes, I'll be at Donington, but only on the Saturday.