Main Menu

Oulton coming together

Started by Martin Harrold, June 20, 2009, 21:01:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

All of us at Team Fine Print; Dicky, Pat, Gary and me, want to say thanks to those who helped us drag our wonky three-wheeler into the truck, and to the many more who offered help and showed concern.

It was a big racing accident and it's a credit to the safety cages and seat belts that no one was a hurt. Just a few bruised egos, but nothing more.

I think the other two cars were rather worse than ours, so I guess we'll all be busy getting things straight again for Snet.

The annoying thing is that we only went there to test some mods we'd made recently and I was not really trying too hard, yet we did seem to be a little faster than at Mallory.

See you at Snet. Best wishes, Martin

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Roo

Hello everyone,
For those who didn't see the video on the day, here it is...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ostw3Vnpab8
Ouch!

Roo

Lien93

Here is another version of the same video. :'( See you all at Snetterton.

Andy Craig-Smith

Rocket Dog Racing

Roo

Lien93

Aubrey Brocklebank

I gather that we made the Daily Mail today ...what you guys will do for a little publicity

Peter's new book is 2nd in the hit list ..........Ho Hum! ;D
Aubrey

Martyn Daniel

Quote from: Aubrey Brocklebank on June 23, 2009, 21:19:48
I gather that we made the Daily Mail today ...what you guys will do for a little publicity

Peter's new book is 2nd in the hit list ..........Ho Hum! ;D
Indeed, it was mentioned!  I was quite surprised to see it mentioned in there when I was reading my 'paper over lunch.

Looks like some of the royalty cheque will have to go on car repairs... :(

helen deeley

So both cars that were advertising books have been trashed this season then.
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!

Matthew Hollis

Good sequence of photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v379/SRPhoto/2CV%20Old%20Hall/?albumview=slideshow

Seems the marshals enjoyed us, and all the other races (didn't realise one of the Legends ended up on top of one of the barriers! :o)

http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=39

Frank Barnard

Quote from: helen deeley on June 24, 2009, 08:56:14
So both cars that were advertising books have been trashed this season then.
It's open season for authors. I had a double engine failure on my fishing boat on Tuesday, had to anchor on a falling tide off-shore from Rye and radio Dover Coastguard to send out the local RIB lifeboat.
Yesterday Jan and I met old friends and the guy was telling me about his new hobby: gliding.
A shadow passed over my wife's face...
By the way, Bookseller, the publishing industry's 'bible' carried a shot of my Silverstone excitement, so with Peter making the Daily Mail the Club is getting some useful publicity, although there's a danger it's giving the impression that these novelist johnnies can't drive for toffee.

Derek Coghill

<So both cars that were advertising books have been trashed>

One had its spine broken and the other had the corners folded over.

P.S. Thanks for the boots, Frank; I used them at Cadwell.

helen deeley

lol i do miss your sense of humour at race weekends Derek I hope you get out to play more next season  ;D
Paddock Hill Bend is not flat in top!