Main Menu

Car Wanted For 2010 Season

Started by Freefall_Artist, July 25, 2009, 01:47:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Freefall_Artist

Hi there.

Me and my team are looking to pick up a car for the 2010 season. We are a bunch of Uni students, and are currently complete beginners (though we are in the process of changing that; ARDS coming up shortly!).

Ideally we'd like to get the car by the end of the year so that we can familiarise ourselves with it and get plenty of practice in it. Although our goal is the 24 hour event we'll also be looking to do as many races as possible (being in Scotland does mean it will be quite a trip to get to them)

If you, or any one you know, is planning on selling at the end of the season we'd be glad to hear from you. We would prefer a pretty much race ready car, but if need be we are prepared to take on a project just so long as it's not too big!

Thanks

Callum
Freefall_Artist
Name an adventurous activity and I'm probably done it; now I've just got to add motor racing to that!

Derek Coghill

Whereabouts in Scotland are you? I'm in Edinburgh, Graham Harper's in Glasgow if you need any help.

Freefall_Artist

Hi. We're based in Edinburgh. Any help that you could give us would be great. Perhaps we'll need to have our own Scottish race.

Now just to track down a car!

Callum
Name an adventurous activity and I'm probably done it; now I've just got to add motor racing to that!

Tanya little

hi there

i am in the same boat i am wanting a car for the 2010 season, i'm trying to do the 24 hour race for charity so if any1 can point me in the right direction on finding a car i would be very greatful.

i'm currently studying a motorsport technology degree so i don't mind there is a little work to do to the car. as long as the moneys right.

many thanks
Tanya  ;D

Marc Fenner

Hi

Im doing the Motorsport Technology course at Derby Uni? Where you doing it?

Are you planning on running a university car?

Marc

Tanya little

hi there

i'm at staffordshire uni, i'm looking to run it under my own business name Bunny Motorsport Ltd i'm only just setting it up but i would love to do it for charity. i've picked one close to my heart.

are you running your's with uni?

Tanya x

Freefall_Artist

Looks like we could have our own little "uni novice" category next year.....

Tanya little

i'm prob just gonna run the car and the team, there is 1 guy off my course that wants to do his ards if i get the car in time for the start of 2010.

i think from the atmosphere i saw at the 24 hour race this year it would be a nice place to start. i was on the rescue unit this year and all i wanted to do was have my own car out there  ;D

Tanya x

Martin Harrold

We had two colleges this year and now two uni's thinking about next year. We might consider how those sort of entries should be encouraged, perhaps for a special trophy.

If you look at a small news item in Autosport today, WilliamsF1 are doing something with schools and motorsport. Maybe there is a possible link there. That may come under the wing of Frank's son Jonathan, and maybe we should have a chat with him.

I recall the uni small racing car engineering excercise to build a tiny open wheeler, which I believe got a bit out of hand and was really just a technical test. Preparing a 2CV and organising a race team would stretch young people with differing skill sets in quite different ways.

Food for thought.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Tanya little

i think it would be a good area for colleges and uni's to do as i hear the prep work and mechanicing isn't to bad on a 2cv, but i'm looking forward to the running the team part as hopefully be running my own motorsport business in the 2010 season. (well if all goes to plan)

Tanya x

spanners

Admittedly it's not quite race ready yet (needs race engine, fire extinguisher and up to date harness) but it only cost me 400 quid to build.....

http://www.international2cvfriends.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=72

If I can do in a wooden garage (in Longbridge where everybody else has tried and failed :P ) with only spare time and NO physical assistance ;)
AKA Jonathan. Wanna be racer one day.......................

Tanya little

lucky man, but due to uni work and living costs i think as some ppl have said it might be easier to find a fully prep'd car then build 1 just coz of the price to get it ready to race. once got we would strip it any way just to get to know the car and stuff.

but if we cant find a prep'd one we will have to build it i say we, (pos only me lol)

Tanya x