Main Menu

refueling suits

Started by Geoff Archer, July 28, 2009, 13:31:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Archer

just had this confirmed twice the refueling suits must be fia spec race suit, as per blue book cc 77-86 
NES 2cv Speed Shop
+44 (0)1609 771313

Trevor Williams

Geoff
As per our conversation earlier, BO**OCKS!!!!!

The MSA don't know what they are talking about!! The correct reg is C(c)81, which refers you to regulation G86 (which is a misprint and should be G68)

You can use any of the standards listed in C(c)81 for refuelling and fire marshal duties but you must also have FIA approved balaclava and gloves!!

Simples!!  :)
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Martin Harrold

That would seem to suggest that if 'retired' race suits are not acceptable to the scrutineers, then the worst case is that the exiting driver will have to do the fuelling.

Does the 'current race suit' rule apply also to the fire extinguisher holder?
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Trevor Williams

Martin,
I don't understand where you are coming from?
The regulation is specific, if a scrutineer fails a suit that complies with the regulation appeal it to the Clerk!
The regulation has not changed!!

Derek Coghill

<Does the 'current race suit' rule apply also to the fire extinguisher holder?>

Martin - yes, according to the book; both refueller and fireman must have suit, balaclava and gloves. As Trev said (was he shouting?), C(c) 81 is the list to look at ("all other events", as I assume that refuelling doesn't count as racing)

Numbers...

BS6249 Pt 1 index A or B
BSEN 533
prEN 533:1995 index 3
FIA 8856-2000
FIA 1986 standard (these are the race suits that become obsolete at the end of this year)

Trevor Williams

Reg G68 is the one that matters. It is the regulation that refers to refuelling during car races. This then refers you to C(C)81, which states "for all other evenst, including the..... of G86. This is a misprint, because G86 refers to results, not refuelling
As I said arlie, Simples!!

Paul Robertson

Do they actually check refuelers suits?I can't say i recall it being done.

Trevor Williams

They have done on occaision, and you never know what the scrutes will be picking up on! Chances are they may be looking for loose stuff that could fall off the car after the events at Brands and Hungary!!