Main Menu

Thanks for internet coverage!

Started by kinchieman, August 10, 2009, 11:28:55

Previous topic - Next topic

kinchieman

Can I thank the team for providing internet coverage of the commentary and also the live pictures and timing screen - it was great to be able to follow the whole race since I couldn't be there.  Also thanks to Chris Yates for personally replying to an email to solve a problem.  The in-car pictures were superb, the timing screens were useful to see who was racing who further down the order.  I think the experiment should be repeated next year for what will be the 20th anniversary of the first 24hour 2cv race (I finished in the top 10 of that!) with more publicity beforehand about the coverage - I didn't see any preview of the race at all in mags like Autosport etc.

Martin Harrold

Edd Straw, the F1 Editor of Autosport, was in our car, as usual. He also arranged that they send along a photogpher. It'll be no surprise to learn that he was somewhat overcome with emotion when we came home 3rd after 10 attempts and I think you might just find that the race gets a mention in the next edition.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Simon Crook

Well done Martin and all at Team Fine Print on your 3rd Place and your sterling work with the radio coverage, I went to bed in the motorhome with my headphones in listening to the broadcast ;D

The live link camera was a great idea

well done to everyone involved

roll on next year

Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING