Main Menu

What do we need to do?

Started by Paul Webster, August 12, 2009, 07:35:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Webster

After a year of bagging on at the missus about 2CV's, she has finally agreed to let me get a 2CV (woohoo!!!). A couple of work mates are keep to turn it into a road/track/racer and I would like to know everything I would need to do to get it race ready. As I'm sure everyone is aware, money is tight so if we could could do it for as small a budget as possible that would be great. Although, if we need to spend money then we will.

Cheers everyone.

Paul Webster

Paul Robertson

Buying a complete car is the way to go paul,you should then have the basics to build on ,however uncompetitive it may be you can only go forward.The main thing to look for is the condition of body and chassis .

Paul Webster

Thanks for that mate. Is there anything we should look for that we should avoid. Also, I take it that you mean a car that is already fitted with all the gear? Cage, Seat, Harnesses etc etc.

Paul Robertson

yes paul,the cage and safety requirements are relatively expensive and time consuming to fit,although harnesses become outof date so check them,avoid bodyshells that are more than one welded togetherthe best chassis is the SLC for corrosion resistance and strength.If you want more advice you would be better ringing someone or taking a trip to look at someones car in detail.

Steve Panas

Your signature is wrong!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D

Paul Robertson

That's better steve thanks.