Main Menu

another 24 hours

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:54:22

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by patrick collier on June 18, 2003 at 09:45:47:

The little team that I ran with terry (dad), probably got hit in number of places/laps more than most due to the timing problems, in so far as we lost a transponder for 1 1/2 hours and subsequantly lost the laps... also ran very well throughout the night with no problems and at a reasonable pace. Our only problem started when the clocks went back on so we possibly lost 8-10 places...BUT in balance I agree that greater damage would be done, and to no benefit ,if this and others problems were not left to dwindle with the passing of time.
I agree that the organisers in total did a great job and I personally think that although I dissagreed with the decision the Clerk (Ian) and his team handled themselves with dignaty and integrety in what must have been a trying difficult and no win situation so I applaud them.

On a better note when you get guys who have done Daytona, sebring, In sports protos and Aussie V8 touring cars as well as bathurst not to mention the Spa and Nurberbring 24 hours races, getting out of our little 2cvs, and particularly one that was not going as well as it should, claiming that they have just had the best 2 hours racing of their life this race must be something and something that should if cared for and supported grow.

thanks

Pat collier