Main Menu

Thank you to all the teams in the 24 hour

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 01:59:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on June 22, 2003 at 18:22:43:

Dear all,

A week has gone by and there has been a lot of 'sweeping up' to do. That has included sending out a lot of thank-you messages to the very many people that helped make the 'Auto Trader 24 Hour 2CV Race - 2003' the great weekend that it was. It was a big challenge bringing the 24 Hour race across the sea and establishing it at Snetterton, but it seems to have worked out well. We did a lot of things well, and some others less well. We'll all learn from this event and work to make it even better next year.

I have personally been somewhat humbled by the many nice messages I have received. There is nothing like a challenge to keep the brain exercised, even though some times it did feel like it was doing press-ups ! So, thank you for having the confidence in me to get on with the job.

What is clear is that everyone seems to have had a great weekend. Given that results are key to most races, I am very moved by the way that everyone has put aside the timing problem ( I doubt that anyone will ever forget it ). David Jones at STS is mortified by what happened and won't rest until he has worked out exactly what caused it. His is a small new business and obviously in the very small community of race timing it impacts on his reputation. He was one of many people that supported us from the very begining last year. I personally still have full confidence in him and would be very happy for him to do the job again in 2004. You can be sure that he won't allow lightening to strike twice.

We had wonderful support from Auto Trader, from Citroen, from Jonathan Gill and Ben Taylor at MPA Media, from the people at BARC-SE and BARC, from all the marshals, from our other racing partners, from many fellow members of the 2CV Racing Club, from the Caterham teams and from lots more people in many different ways. On your behalf I have thanked all of those people. Every one told me that they enjoyed the weekend and many have already committed to supporting us again in 2004.

But, most importantly, we had huge support from you - the drivers, the car builders, the support crews. Without all of you, there would be no race. So, I thank you all. I know that almost every team had its share of challenges and disappointments, but they were all coped with without complaint. Every single team carried itself with pride. For those who looked around when all the cars were lined up on the grid, I hope you shared the pride that I felt at such a colourful gathering of people and cars, all there just to have a good time at our unique event on the British motorsport calendar.

And, I hope you'll want to do it all again next year ! The provisional date is June 19/20, the week after Le Mans.

With very best wishes, Martin Harrold / 2CV Racing Club