Main Menu

Thank you

Started by Dean Watson, August 23, 2010, 21:35:49

Previous topic - Next topic

Dean Watson

As one of the marshals (4th year now) I would like to express my thanks to all the teams in this years 24 hour race for giving us this event which is undoubtedly the best race in the uk. lso I would like ot thank you all for the goody bags as the snacks and drinks went a long way to keeping us all alert through the twilight hours. Thanks to the Flying Dutchman for remembering four of us from last year (at least this year we didnt drink all your beer :) ) The weather order was almost right next year please leave the early morning rain off of the order as it is rather unpleasant. Huge cudos to team Gadget driver for righting his car following the roll at russels and continuing. well done to all for reaching the finish. Bring on next 2011

Mary Lindsay

Our team would like to say a big thank you to the marshals for their highly efficient and wonderfully good natured marshalling. We have no idea why you would want to stand in the dark and rain watching a lot of mad people churning round and round but we are very grateful that you do.
Thank you from the Inworth Racing Extravaganza, car number 77

Chris Yates

Big thanks also from Team Stinky to everyone in orange around the circuit, and everyone in race admin/race control who made the race this year possible, and run so expertly!

Also, a big thanks to the guys from Middlesex Uni 'New Shoots' production team for handling the web streaming and TV production, and also Jon Waldock and his team for handling the Twitter/email updates and all the assistance.

I've posted a news item on the front page of the website, with a run down of the final race positions, a link to the TSL Timing lap sheet PDF file, and a link to the ITV Anglia news feature (video) of the race.

More information on the race will be posted on the site as soon as I have time to write it, but first the usual plea - please send me any stories about your experiences at the 24 hour this year - what happened to your team, your drivers, and your car?

Also a note of personal thanks to Jamie Hopper and his team at MSV/Snetterton, Mark Werrell, Tony Coales, Jon Waldock and Lewis Beales (commentary team), Mike Rump for handling the radio/audio stuff, John Chambers from DriveData for the video equipment, all of the webcast sponsors, and finally Nick Roads and Martin Harrold for overseeing and organising the web broadcast this year. Although we had a fair share of problems, I think the finished product was well worth it! Lots of good footage was captured, and DVD production will begin soon.

JonWaldock

I would like to say thanks to the marshals who impressed one of my friends so much, he's not a motorsport fan but I managed to convince him to get out on the bank for one of the stints and he was astounded as to how friendly the marshals were and how much he enjoyed it!

And of course thanks again to all those I chatted to over the weekend, you all gave great interviews which makes my job just that much easier!

Jon
www.feederseries.net - Your Guide to the Rising Stars of Motorsport

Martin Harrold

It's taken me longer to get on here than it should - the day job has consumed me for the past few days.

Lots of people helped, in large and small ways, to get the audio/video webcast operating and sincere thanks to all of those, but one person stands out. That's club member Chris Yates.

Obviously, I've been aware of his huge activity on the project for many months and frankly, what he set out to do was way beyond what any of us should expect. In some aspects, he was ultimately sometimes frustrated by factors outside his control, but he achieved a huge amount. Not all of that showed in the webcast, but believe me, it was a huge learning curve for an ambitious project. Much has been learned by him and all of us involved. Based on all of what happened this year, planning is already in hand for coverage of the 2011 event, and, as the saying goes, 'you ain't seen nothing yet'.

And remember, he did all of that whilst also helping bring Stinky home to a very creditable podium place.

I also want to add my thanks to those already posted by Chris. That includes student commentator Jon Waldock and his helpers, the production team from New Shoots, club member Nick Roads, radio man Mike Rump and the other commentators; Mark Werrell, Tony Coales and Lewis Beales. We had invaluable help and support from the MSV teams at Snet and Brands.

The coverage had to be paid for - although Chris made our modest budget stretch a very long way. Many thanks to our other commercial partners, Tony Robinson at 'Professional Motorsport World Expo', Keith Shoebridge at 'Crusader Vans', Mel Collins at MCG, Solicitors Title in Exeter and a generous club member.

There were many other people helping in the background, including John Chambers of DriveData, John Hindhaugh of Radio Le Mans, Paul Boyce of Bournemouth University and the man who shot some excellent film for Reuters which was shown by various TV stations around the world. And, look out for a feature in 'Motor Sport' magazine by Ed Foster, who helped pedal our car.

And of course, all those who made it happen. The marshals, officials and other volunteers including the safety car drivers. All the club members, including race organiser Steve Panas and his assistant Tracey Dixon and all the teams, the drivers, crews and support people who ran the cars, without which nothing at all would happen. 

All of us who were involved are confident that the whole event is now gathering momentum and we'll all be back again next year, to help put on an even better show, on track and on screen.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982