Main Menu

Building a car for next year.

Started by Neilos, February 23, 2011, 19:22:53

Previous topic - Next topic

Neilos

Hello everyone. Just joined the forum so greetings to you all. The grand plan is to be racing next year. Eye is on the 24 hour, but sprint races will be good as well. I have 89 dolly sitting outside waiting for the magic touch of a welder. Just looking for advice on getting the car prepared for racing. Has anyone put on line any pictures guides for doing the job? Looking forward to getting on the grid with you lot next year!

Simon Crook

Welcome to the club - (don't forget to join) Where abouts are you I am sure someone will not be far away for you to look at a race car close up - or even better come along and see us all at the race circuits
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Neilos

Hi, I'm in Leicestershire. Will definately get to some races ( annoyingly not around for silverstone which is nearest), would even volunteer my services as a tea boy/baldrick ( i do know how a spanner works as well) to get some behind the scenes info from any team that that can accommodate?

Richard hollis

hi, we're based in Market Harborough and Wellingborough. Free feel to get in touch if you want any advice. More than welcome to have a look at the race cars we have got. Currently building another for economy class.

Thanks

Rich

Neilos

That would be great. I'm pretty close to you. Are you there this weekend?

Matthew Hollis

Hi, I've sent you an email on your live account.

Matthew

Neilos

Anybody know where are the other good places to get hold of a roll cage? Safety devices say they can't do it. Or do I need to speak to the right person?

Derek Coghill

You could try

http://www.rollcentre.co.uk/

Don't know if they do 2CV ones though.

There are a few home-made ones around too.

Trevor Williams

Try
http://www.therollcagepeople.com/

Seem to recall them doing one for Jon Davis a few years back
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!