Main Menu

I'm converted

Started by stuart1950, May 30, 2011, 20:07:54

Previous topic - Next topic

stuart1950

First time I've seen the CV2s racing today at Mallory, saw it on motors TV and I thought it was great, I'm a convert much more exciting than F1. Congrats to all especially the older guy who was in car no 70.

Nick Roads

Rumour has it that there was an older driver in another car at 75 years old. Had the fastest lap at one stage.

Peter Rundle at other end of the scale is only 17 and just passed his road driving test. He had 2 x Top 5 finishes. Years of successful karting might help a little.

Katy Storey was in her first ever race, is also a teenager (I think!) and only got her racing licence 10 days before.

Converts are all ages..

Chris Yates

Welcome to the wacky world of 2CV racing, Stuart :) Glad you enjoyed the show.

Perhaps you can tune into the website for the 24 hour race at the end of August (27/28th) for the live webcast of the big race?

Simon Crook

Im converted too - I enjoyed the races on Motors TV sitting in a bar in Sunny Tenerife it may be the way forward 8) Well done to you all great racing and an even bigger WELL DONE to Paul for his win.

Forgot to say well done to Martin for the DoDo Juice 2cv Challenge I hope DoDo were happy with what they got.

Simon  
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Paul Robertson

Thanks simon,what a way to come back!
Now what on earth am i supposed to do with Dodo Juice ?

Simon Crook

LUMACA RACING

Sean

Paul might put a proper shine on that black roof, dont know what you been using but its rough as a badgers... ;)

Steve Panas

;DIt would appear that knee surgery has enabled you to put the hammer down further. Well done on a fantastic weekend for Tete Rouge.

Lien93

I seems like downforce is the key in the wet. Congratulations, dream result.

Paul Robertson

Quote from: Simon Crook on May 31, 2011, 19:31:57
Polish ;D
what do they do with dodo juice ? Put it in their vodka? Oh you mean that thing OCD sufferers do. Will I have to take my wheels off too? :D

Simon Crook

Quote from: Paul Robertson on May 31, 2011, 23:36:22
Quote from: Simon Crook on May 31, 2011, 19:31:57
Polish ;D
what do they do with dodo juice ? Put it in their vodka? Oh you mean that thing OCD sufferers do. Will I have to take my wheels off too? :D

yep less resistance - polish it all :o
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

Paul:

I've no idea what it is either - I've never seen it. I send out emails to prospective sponsors every now and then. Almost all get ignored, but this guy came back and said yes. Hopefully he'll think that he got good value on Monday and will increase his involvement for the 24hr.

What do you do with it? Take a look at the website - it seems to be a high quality range of car shamppos, polishes and detailing products. The kind of stuff that Simon uses every day on his car, obviously. Sadly, it will take more than Dodo Juice to 'refresh' some of the bruised cars from Monday.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Simon Crook

Quote from: Martin HARROLD on June 01, 2011, 21:48:03
Paul:

I've no idea what it is either - I've never seen it. I send out emails to prospective sponsors every now and then. Almost all get ignored, but this guy came back and said yes. Hopefully he'll think that he got good value on Monday and will increase his involvement for the 24hr.

What do you do with it? Take a look at the website - it seems to be a high quality range of car shamppos, polishes and detailing products. The kind of stuff that Simon uses every day on his car, obviously. Sadly, it will take more than Dodo Juice to 'refresh' some of the bruised cars from Monday.

Will give it a go put enough polish on it and we might stick with the SOLEX
LUMACA RACING