Main Menu

2011 24hr media stats

Started by Chris Yates, September 02, 2011, 18:05:52

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

I've been going through some of the statistics from the website for this year's 24 hour.

We had 3,579 website visits over Saturday and Sunday. Some of those are likely to be the same people coming back for updates.

Of those:

1756 from UK,
867 from USA,
277 from Belgium,
126 from Germany,
110 from France,
73 from Holland,
61 from Finland,
27 from Spain
19 from Australia,
17 from Denmark,
16 from Japan,
13 from Argentina,
13 from Canada,
12 from Italy,
10 from China,
9 From India,
8 from Brazil, Israel, New Zealand, Switzerland

Others visited from around the globe, including such places as Madagascar, Bangladesh, Taiwan, Serbia, Ghana, Chile and Iceland! Truly an international experience.

For the live page itself:
1,988 unique visitors viewed the live stream - that's not counting re-visits - that's unique computers.
1,946 hours of footage were watched cumulatively - That's an average of just under 1 hour for each viewer!

There were an average of 69 viewers watching over the whole event, but I witnessed over 250 watching at the same time at one point.
Total views of the stream, including visitors coming back: 5,348 (that figure's larger than the page views due to viewers staying on the page, but stopping/starting the stream)

In terms of social media:
291 tweets were sent out by us
209 tweets were recveived
79 emails were received.

We definitely got more viewers than last year, and I think the comments/feedback from this year were more favourable. Sadly the onboards didn't work this year, but the in-garage camera following the pitlane commentator around was superb. We also had another camera getting footage from either the pit wall, or from a viewer area somewhere on track. You may have seen a couple of people going around the pits with backpacks with large aerials sticking out of them - this was the live transmission stuff.

Additionally, the footage from both hand-held cameras was recorded to tape, and I'm about 1/4 through the process of converting the taped footage to computer. Once there, I hope to be able to put together some form of highlights, or even make the entire streamed footage available somehow. Some clips may appear on YouTube.

I've got the on-board footage from Stinky, and some of the present stuff on YouTube (Thanks Iceni/Malcolm Edeson/Alistair Pearson/Hugh McCurrich) to take clips from if needed, but if you've got some on-board footage showing a particular moment (i.e. being shoved off, spinning, breaking down, etc.) then please let me know or send it to me. Don't send me all of the footage or I'll struggle under the weight of it all - I've got 70 hours to look through as it is!

Perhaps if time allows I'll have a nice compilation for the Dinner Dance. Can we arrange a projector? :)

Andrew Bull

Chris. You really are a proper anorak! But that's why your so good at this stuff.  Top job, well done and many thanks. It all goes to help the image and awareness of our clubs unique culture and the attraction of the event.
I hope that I speak for many when I say thank you for your efforts and hard work.

We do appear to be growing the following of this event and with the advent in recent years of readily available methods to publish material to the web (YouTube and affordable in car cameras etc) for all the globe to see has had a very positive effect on views of clips and streamed media from the events.  This has to be a bandwagon we remain firmly seated upon.

Well done to all the media team. Thanks. Bully
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: Chris Yates on September 02, 2011, 18:05:52
Perhaps if time allows I'll have a nice compilation for the Dinner Dance. Can we arrange a projector? :)

Possibly, we've done it before for Race Retro.  I'll look into it.

Martin Harrold

Chris:

Indeed amazing figures. Can you make any simple comparison with previous years figures?

I think the sponsors will be impressed. I'm sure that Crusader Vans are hoping to tap into the Chinese market!

A surprising figure is the high number in USA.

Onwards and upwards.

Martin

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982