Main Menu

Any hillclimbers amongst us??

Started by Scuderia cavallino, November 25, 2011, 22:42:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuderia cavallino

Over the May bank holiday weekend we usually compete on the saturday at the Precott hillclimb. This is their 'celebration of French voiture design from veteran to the Veyron'.  I was therefore very keen to also enter the 2cv on the sunday. Hopefully before Mallory on Monday.

Does anyone use their 2cv for hillclimbing and fancy joining us? http://www.prescott-hillclimb.com/events/may2011.aspx 

Derek Coghill

Is this "la vie en bleu"? I think that Martin Harrold entered it a few years ago.

Aside from that, we had our own class at Harewood for a couple of years; it was a bit of a hoot. We had a reasonable turnout; Christine, Neil, Mick Storey, me, Graham, Scott Brennan and a few others.

I believe that some drink was taken....!

Scuderia cavallino

Yes it is - and yes - that sounds like a hillclimb!  :)

Martin Harrold

Yes, we've done La Vie En Bleu twice and a pic of our car was featured on the promo card for the 2010 event, to balance the Veyron and the Type 53's.

Last year it clashed with the Motors TV race at Mallory, which was sad, as each time we did it, we were made very welcome and it's a great day out. Probably better on a dry sunny day than a wet day.

Took at a look at Shelsey Walsh this year, but that track does not look nearly so challenging as Prescott. Did the whole Prescott hill in second gear. Will go back any time the dates don't clash.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Scuderia cavallino

Grand, lets hope not  a clash next year. Or could do prescott with 2cv on sunday, do the saturday with ferrari, and mallory on monday. what could possibly go wrong with a plan like that!??
and surely you must use third to orchard, first around ettores and pardon?
Ill give a though to other good hillclimbs we use that would be a 2cv challenge. shelsly is fun and so historic of course. But not so sure at 2cv speeds. Loton would be good.

Scuderia cavallino

With the provisional dates out looks like we could do sunday 27th at Prescott. The week before Mallory.

Mick Storey

I wouldnt mind embarrassing a few Verons with my immaculate patented wiring systems. I assume its dead posh to enter, dickie bows and invitation?

Scuderia cavallino

Quote from: Mick Storey on December 14, 2011, 17:47:33
I wouldnt mind embarrassing a few Verons with my immaculate patented wiring systems. I assume its dead posh to enter, dickie bows and invitation?

Absolutely not! You may need to be an affiliated club. Ill check, when I asked they were really keen on the 2cv for sunday, and im sure a group of us would go down even better! Its meant to be french so is can can girls french maids mime artists gendarms accordian players etc etc a real laugh off track as well as on.  We usually slum it and camp there.
Dont let the Bugatti bit put you off, http://www.bugatti.co.uk/

Mick Storey

Excellent, I will stop washing now to ensure I have the full French effect ;D
Oh yes, and its an excuse to buy more suspenders, I seem to have got too big for the last lot

Martin Harrold

No probs, BARC is an affiliated club. I once proposed that one of the 2CV Championship rounds could be a hillclimb.

Trouble is - a whole days motorsport lasts about that same as two laps at Snet , and that's with four runs!

Is it posh? Well, actually there are lot of very serious motors and owners there, all trying not to look posh. Each car gets a numbered position (engraved on a stone) on the grass and many get their own cherry tree for shade. It is truly an excellent day out for racers and crew.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Scuderia cavallino

Its also the only place you will see up to 12 veyrons together. Compete with the likes of Nick Mason, watch the fly pasts all in a very down to earth atmosphere and get the adrenalin rush of a historic hillclimb.

anyway, Ill be booking for the Saturday with my 'other' lot and the 2cv on Sunday. As an unknown newbie to everyone I dont want to sound out of place, but if there are a few of us it would be worth speaking to Maggie there and getting all the 2cvs together in the paddock/running order etc.

Frank Barnard

I'm hoping to do a few rent-a-drives this season thanks to being flush from flogging my AZAM (joke). I've done Prescott a few times in various classes & would love to have another go. If anyone has a seat going, preferably attached to a car, please let me know at [email protected] or on 01797 230468.