Main Menu

Looks like we will make it!

Started by Scuderia cavallino, May 28, 2012, 22:35:25

Previous topic - Next topic

Scuderia cavallino

Now we have an engine that runs, brakes that work, a suspension vaguely in the right place and most of the other bits on that we need, I thought I would say hello to everyone, and also thanks so much for the help so far.

we are car no 34. Yellow and red. Shared drive for Mallory Andrew Holman and Richard Prior. We are hillclimbers so be gentle with us! with an awful lot to learn about 2cvs!

Joining us for the 24hr will be Carl Burgar and Nick Robinson, these 2 do have some 2cv experience, Carl has done the 24hr a couple of times in Ireland a while ago and Nick more recently at snets.

We will be doing the Mallory practice on Wednesday, which will be mainly getting all the bits on we have forgotten!
Looking forward to meeting everyone, even if a little apprehensive.. .

Nick Paton

Welcome dude. 

Well done on getting the car sorted.  Just don't buzz your engine at Mallory.  This was the scene of my first and only engine buzzing..

Seems like a few will be heading to Mallory on the Sunday.  Come over and have a chunk of steak if I manage to get my BBQ organised!

N

Scuderia cavallino

Thanks, Im at shelsley walsh sat sun, so not sure yet whether to come home or stop over at Mallory sun night. but will come say hello for sure if we do.

Nick Paton

We're the ones with the dark red cars... 4 and 44

N

Scuderia cavallino

I may be a little ripe after 2 nights camping! Do we know what time sign on is?

Nick Paton

I'm thinking early early... because everything is on the one day.... unfortunately the link on the Home page is bust so can't say fo sho, but I would reckon if you're around ~7am you'll be fine

Scuderia cavallino

Many thanks. do we normally get sent tickets, final regs etc?

Alec Graham

yes i got mine yesterday. they seem to time sending them out so that you recieve them either minutes before you leave for the circuit or so that they are waiting for you when you get home.