Main Menu

Club Regulation Stickers

Started by Simon Crook, March 05, 2013, 19:46:13

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon Crook

Hello who looks after the regulation stickers these days? what do we actually have to have on the car these days, and are they available before the first race?
i've got all sorts on the car - www.pmw-expo.com, dodo juice, www.pts-developments.com (I am sure Pete would want his new company on display) as well as Ecas, Sabelt, BARC, AVO, TOYO Tires, Kent Cams, www.2cvracing.org.uk, www.2cvtv.com
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Richard hollis

Hi Simon,
Very good question - I'll look into and get back to you!

Thanks

Richard

Mick Storey

That's nowt. Ive got "10 years of 2CV racing", Millgate parts, Elwyns shop, probably got ANdyspares somewhere, oh, and Firestone, just like they had on the back of Porsche 917s. It saves on paint

Simon Crook

LUMACA RACING

Simon Crook

Hi Richard any news on the regulation stickers - I want to start 'peeling'
LUMACA RACING

Martin Harrold

Simon et al:

As I've been asked to look after some things commercial for the club, I guess it's my task to review stickers. Of course, they are mostly related to race regs (BARC) and commercial deals.

Please, for the moment, don't take any stickers off your cars. Despite what it says in the regs, provided everyone has BARC stickers on either side of the car, on or below the A panel, then you'll be OK. And if you don't have them, just ask at signing on, If BARC can't supply them at that point, then you've done your best.

ECAS, in their guise of 2CVParts.com, are the 2013 Championship series sponsors, and their sticker should be carried above or below the race number panel on each side. The panel itself has to be reflective for the 24hr. I'll be checking availability of all those with Roy shortly.

Remember that we are all on the telly twice this season, at Donington x 2 and Mallory Park x 1. It's clear that Alec is giving his car a polish - so the only way to have any chance of beating him is to give your cars (Simon - this does not apply to you) an even brigher shine.

More news on stickers to follow.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Simon Crook

LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

Simon
What Martin says is not correct!

If you do not have the BARC shields on EACH side of the car, you will not score points in the Championship.... That is all
If you do not have the rest of the Club Decals (whatever they are) in the correct position and orientation, you WILL be in breach of the Technical Regs
If your name is incorrect in the window, same breach of the Technical Regs.

Breach the Technical Regs and get caught / protested and found to be in breach, you WILL be excluded

Never understood why the decals / name stickers are in the Technical Regs.....
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Martin Harrold

Dear Trev,

My understanding is that there is a proviso that all 'compulsory' stickers must be available at signing on. If not available, then no breach can be enforced by the stewards.

I do actually say that BARC stickers have to be affixed on either side.

It is a generally grey area and over time, we'll try to get it tidied up. I do think it very unlikely that any car would be protested by another just over stickers. The rules clearly state which areas should be left clear in case the Club decides to allocate stickers to those spaces.

However, I very strongly agree that drivers names, in the correct format, should be on both side windows. This shows respect for the rules, and more importantly, for the spectators and officials.

Martin
2CV Team LION

Simon Crook

Thanks Trev thanks Martin, Im all good with the BARC and drivers name and ECAS, with my car I know we have had a few extra ones added because of the Autosport show
LUMACA RACING

Trevor Williams

Martin
Sorry if it seemed I was having a dig, it wasnt my intention!
My reason for posting was just that a scrutineer for another championship last year caused mass panic in their ranks by telling the competitors after scrutineering that he would be checking decals and issuing non-conformances to anyone whose car did not comply. It was quite amusing to see the mad scrambling to get the correct stickers!
Also, as I said, as I read the regs, not having the BARC shields just means you won't score points.
And as for the drivers names, its a lot less prescriptive than it used to be..... LOL!!
Cheers
Trevor

Trevor Williams

Oh, and a protest regarding stickers unlikely? I know it has been considered in the years gone by..... 8)

Martin Harrold

In addition to BARC stickers on both sides, please fix a 2CVParts.com sticker across the front of the bonnet, as close as possible to the top of the radiator grille. This is a 'club' position defined in the regs.

They should be available at Donington.

Martin

2CV Team LION

Simon Crook

Martin (if you are now the keeper of the stickers) do you have any of the ECAS bonnet stickers? if you do could you bring me a couple to Mallory   
LUMACA RACING

Frank Barnard

Talking of stickers I'm having some done for Mallory, geared round the Time For Heroes trophy race. It would be good if they could appear on the cars (about 8" x 6"), to support the one-off sponsorship, but that's entirely voluntary of course. I have checked and they don't seem to contravene any regulations, particularly as it's a non-championship race.