Main Menu

new project for the naughtybear

Started by naughtybear, April 23, 2013, 10:43:47

Previous topic - Next topic

naughtybear

wheels taken for shot blasting and now red leaded ready for a colour....................... any thoughts?

Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Chris Yates

Flouro yellow. An under-represented colour in my humble opinion!

naughtybear

wheels have been painted but not sure if you will approve Chris, both front corners are now back on the car after the Belgium arm additions!!

Nick Paton

Hey Ash... is the car finished yet?  Are you in the 24hrs next week?

N

naughtybear

car has been finished months - in  my head and no strangely enough I wont be in the race lol

naughtybear

back to the pool ball gear knob...........

5.9.1. Permitted Modifications
It is permissible to extend the gear change lever to allow 4th and reverse gears to be engaged whilst strapped in the driving position.
The gearchange must remain in the manufacturers intended position.
The two slots in the rear gearbox mounting may be closed (e.g. with welded washers).
The geartrain from a drum braked gearbox may be transferred to a disc braked gearbox, provided that the geartrain complies with 3 below.
It is permissible to strengthen the gear change linkage and substitute an alternative assembly for the standard rubber bushes, this must be mounted in the manufacturers original and unmodified position.

paying particular attention to "It is permissible to extend the gear change lever to allow 4th and reverse gears to be engaged whilst strapped in the driving position." by drilling tapping and screwing on a pool ball of slightly bigger diameter than the original black plastic thing I have extended the gear change lever which IS allowed lol

any opinions??????  8)

Trevor Williams

Er............ No. Unfortunately this is still a performance enhancing modification as I stated earlier in the thread.
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

naughtybear

I am really confused then as I have lengthened the gear lever as per the regs but still its illegal      :-\ 

Louis

It's probably heavier than the original and I doubt you'll get protested for it, which of course is the wrong attitude - it's not legal.

naughtybear

but do you not agree Louis , that it has lengthened the lever?????   :P

Scooterman

Modifications that save engines and gearboxes are common sense and in no way a performance modifications.

As far as I'm aware 2cv racing is about low cost, close racing. Keeping the chance of expensive repairs as low as possible is surely fundamental to that. I have a modified lever and I intend to run it at some point, strapped correctly in the seat it's hard to reach 4th gear. If somebody is petty enough to protest it, I wouldn't know wether to laugh or walk away because I have no interest in petty arguments. If we start nit picking, we'll be arguing until the cars rot away and what is generally a nice paddock to be part of loses its appeal.

Lets get behind people who want to race and although there are many sceptics, Economy class is a great idea as the costs to be competitive in club class are rising rapidly. I'm sure areas like cylinder heads and carbs are far more likely to be modified for performance in ways that might not be in keeping with the tech regs. Also, in developing the aforementioned items considerable cost is incurred. The purpose of the series again?

Louis

If cost is an issue I will give you a gear knob Ash...

naughtybear

I would be honoured to accept your kind offer of a replacement knob - many thanks Louis but will you have enough knob left for yourself??

Paul

Quote from: Scooterman on August 04, 2014, 20:44:36
Modifications that save engines and gearboxes are common sense and in no way a performance modifications.

As far as I'm aware 2cv racing is about low cost, close racing. Keeping the chance of expensive repairs as low as possible is surely fundamental to that. I have a modified lever and I intend to run it at some point, strapped correctly in the seat it's hard to reach 4th gear. If somebody is petty enough to protest it, I wouldn't know wether to laugh or walk away because I have no interest in petty arguments. If we start nit picking, we'll be arguing until the cars rot away and what is generally a nice paddock to be part of loses its appeal.

Lets get behind people who want to race and although there are many sceptics, Economy class is a great idea as the costs to be competitive in club class are rising rapidly. I'm sure areas like cylinder heads and carbs are far more likely to be modified for performance in ways that might not be in keeping with the tech regs. Also, in developing the aforementioned items considerable cost is incurred. The purpose of the series again?

No,anything that improves reliability is ,in the 24hr race,a performance enhancement as it doesn't cost time making repairs. If you think carbs are being modified talk to Mr Hollis as this is definitely not permitted. If you think cylinder heads are being modified in an illegal manner those doing it aren't doing a very good job given the first 5 at cadwell.

Scooterman

Not really what I was getting at Paul. I don't know of anyone breaking tech regs, I think this year has been a lot more competitve now that most people have got grips with the Weber. I'm just wondering why we have so much fuss over a gear knob when there are other areas where people could exploit the rules for performance. I'm certainly not suggesting that anyone is. My concern is with the policing of regulations and the consistency. Everyone is going to push the boundaries in competition.