Main Menu

new project for the naughtybear

Started by naughtybear, April 23, 2013, 10:43:47

Previous topic - Next topic

Louis

Yeah I'll find you one Ash, will you be at the 24hr?

naughtybear

not sure yet, Pete Sparrow did suggest it could be a good idea to bring along my eco car to show off to the 2cvgb peeps, so I could be .
Naughtybear - powered by roarspeed!

Alec Graham

Quote from: Scooterman on August 04, 2014, 20:44:36
If we start nit picking, we'll be arguing until the cars rot away
Quote from: Scooterman on August 04, 2014, 21:41:00
My concern is with the policing of regulations and the consistency.

All of that is being sorted  ;D

Trevor Williams

Quote from: naughtybear on August 04, 2014, 19:49:13
I am really confused then as I have lengthened the gear lever as per the regs but still its illegal      :-\ 

Unless you have lengthened the metal gear lever, then no, you haven't. ANY replacement of the ball on the end of the gear lever has to be standard, ie the two piece one. Anything else is a breach of the regulations.

As I said earlier, get yourself a copy of the MSA Judicial Procedures and see the advice given regarding what is and isn't performance enhancing...
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

However..... a larger diameter ball simultaneously both lengthens and shortens the gear lever. Shortening the gear lever isn't specifically permitted.

Mine's had a different ball on the end since I started racing and no-one's complained.

naughtybear

Paul

Well done Ashl,how was it after all those hours of preparation?

naughtybear

well......... after slight adjustment to the brake pedal all was fine on that front, ran for a bit then decided to alter the back end due to bottoming out on the bump stops and then it was a little more driveable. after advice from Chris Yates and Louis Tyson I have raised the ride height on the back to be more in line with others and now is approx. at the measurements you advised me to set it at Paul. Initially was very wet at oulton until after lunch and a dry line did appear on most of the circuit, its extremely fun to drive and I think I have got the seat position suitable for me, no leaks anywhere so all in all I think was a positive outcome for the day.

Paul

I'm glad you had a good day. I would remove all bump stops Ash, they make things unpredictable.

Caryl Wills

Well done Ash. It looks great and I'm looking forward to seeing you next year at Oulton.

naughtybear