Main Menu

24 hour Perpetual cup

Started by Aubrey Brocklebank, October 16, 2013, 18:11:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey Brocklebank

I attach the Report to the board prepared by Nick and I. After a long and painful meeting the conclusion was as follows:-

Board Meeting

The board considered the attached paper prepared by Aubrey Brocklebank and Nick Roads
After much discussion due to the potential conflict Mervyn left the room and the board spent a considerable time debating the issue and concluded that whatever decision was made there would be some members of the club who would be dissatisfied.
The board resolved that the club as a whole would be better off if it accepted the offer of the new cup with all the previous winners' names subject to confirmation from The Rent boys to Aubrey Brocklebank that they would pay for this.
It was further resolved that further public debate would serve no useful purpose and therefore this did not need to be approved by the membership in general meeting.

I can confirm that they have agreed to have 2 new larger plinths made for the new cup and have individual plates made up for all races and drivers since inception (ie 1990...I think)
Aubrey