Main Menu

Championship decals

Started by RLambert, March 06, 2014, 13:51:44

Previous topic - Next topic

RLambert

Hi,

Does anyone know if decals will be handed out at the first meeting?

It says we need to display the BARC shield which has changed recently so I'm guessing most cars will need the latest design.

Is that the only decal we must display this year?

Martin Harrold

Currently, the only decals you are obliged to carry in 2014 are:

BARC shield, on either side of the car, typically on or near the A-panels.

2CVParts.com sticker - across the front of the car, immediately above the grille.

They should normally be available at the circuit, BARC at signing on, 2CVParts.com, from me, car 97.

No-one should panic, it's not a hanging offence if you don't have them on the car, provided you can show that you tried to acquire them.

It is possible that as the season proceeds, you may be asked to carry other stickers, as per the rules. If so, they'll be supplied to you at the circuits.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Trevor Williams

Whilst Martin is correct that no-one should panic regarding the decals etc that you have to have on your car, it IS a "hanging offence"!!!

Failure to have the BARC decals on the car at scrutineering makes the car inelligible, and therefore it should not pass scrutineering

Failue to have the BARC decals on the car also means that you wont score points

Failure to have any other specified decals on your car means that it is in breach of the Technical Regulations. All it would take is a pissed off scrutineer to fail your car after a session, or a disgruntled competitor to protest your car, to be up in front of the Clerk of the Course facing the penalties in the Blue Book

And the penalties for Technical non-conformance are draconian..... Read section C.3 of the book, and understand the meaning of the word "will"....

Regards

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Chris Yates

I would absolutely LOVE to see someone hauled in front of the CoC for a missing sticker! Not that I'm volunteering of course, but I think that would be like executing someone for not putting the correct amount of stamps on a parcel :D

Perhaps when I retire from racing, I'll go out with a bang and fail to display a sticker on my car. That'll show 'em.

Trevor Williams

Chris,
Last year, a scrutineer for another championship got so pissed off with telling drivers to get their decals sorted that at their Silverstone GP round, and with the full support of their club committee, he got me to explain to them the penalty that would be imposed on anyone reported as not having the correct decals in place. Funnily enough, all the cars had the correct decals in place at the end of the race.
The problem is that the particular regulation is a Technical Regulation, and subject to the penalties prescribed for technical infringements. Get the club to put an alternative penalty in the regs for decal infringements (eg losing a certain number of points) and the problem goes away.
If the Club wants to present a good image to the public and potential competitors it needs a method of ensuring that the cars look presentable.
If the Club doesnt mind looking like a bunch of sheds, that is its choice also....

My point is that everyone who enters a race signs a declaration that the have read, understand and will abide by the regulations, be they the Blue Book, Championship Regs, BARC Standing Regs or the event Supplementary Regs. Surely its a good idea to have read and understood them??

Trevor Williams

And before anyone spouts on about "the spirit of the regulations"........ There isn't one

RLambert

You have a point Trevor about it being a regulation but this only applied to the BARC sticker but even then it doesn't say it needs to be the latest version (I have the old colourful version on my car). I think it's all a bit vague so actually fining drivers for not complying may be tricky! It doesn't even mention the 2CV parts one, or did I miss that?

Anyway, I'm happy to put whatever I need to on the car, the organisers just need to make the rounds of the paddock at Oulton on Saturday morning to dish them out.

Trevor Williams

BARC shield... Unless BARC have the new design available at the circuits and insist on it being used, in my opinion you dont have a problem

Championship decals are covered by Tech Regs 5.17.1 and Commercial Undertakings 7.3.5

Breach of Technical Regulations gets you excluded from the results of practice or racing (unless there are "exceptional circumstances"), breach of the Commercial Undertakings is a breach of the Sporting Regulations, and the penalties for that range from verbal warning to exclusion (plus you get penalty points on your licence