Main Menu

Looks like we are all fighting for 2nd place then!

Started by RLambert, March 31, 2014, 09:24:00

Previous topic - Next topic

RLambert

Really, really enjoyed the meeting at Oulton and Matt drove brilliantly considering it was his first time in the car and his first time at Oulton but I can't help thinking that 2nd place is the best we can hope to achieve this season given the performance advantage of the 97 car.

Come on Pete and Peter, if you want a decent race you'll need to turn off a few horses !  :P

Paul

That's a bit defeatist Richard,i think you did exceptionally well for the first meeting.Two podiums is a great start.

RLambert

I'd like to think we have a chance of winning a race and that's certainly our aim but until we can tease a few more hp out of the engine with careful fueling, in a straight line fight I can't see how we can outdrag the Pete mobile.

Anyone down London way with a rolling road and weber expertise?

gadget

I think you will find that it is not all about horses. there is more to it than that.
car handling is also very important.

RLambert

Yes that's true and I'd normally be looking at corner exit speed but Matt did feel in that respect he had the measure of Peter, it was straight line grunt where he were losing out.

Paul

His lap times were not as consistent though richard ,i cannot see the logic in looking for a problem with the engine when the laptimes are so variable.

hemi442

Quote from: RLambert on March 31, 2014, 14:03:05
I'd like to think we have a chance of winning a race and that's certainly our aim but until we can tease a few more hp out of the engine with careful fueling, in a straight line fight I can't see how we can outdrag the Pete mobile.

Anyone down London way with a rolling road and weber expertise?

You could try Webcon in Sunbury  http://vimeo.com/79384823