Main Menu

24 hr info

Started by Paul Dalton, May 07, 2014, 21:02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Dalton

Hi all.......so after many years doing the Mondello race, then watching sadly after it moved to Snett, ( I never wanted to race there in anything, never mind a 2cv) the change of venue to Anglesey for the 24 hr has tempted a me to make a possible return to the fold. If it happens, I have to decide whether to buy a car or to rent a seat? So a few questions if you don't mind......
What is the entry fee?
What sort of money do cars change hand for? Not for a race winning car but something decent.
What is the tyre life on the avons and what do they cost? Last time I raced a 2cv was on firestones
What sort of money can a seat be got for for the 24? Again not a necessarily a race winner.
I have been racing in various machines for the last 20yrs including all the versions new and old of Anglesey and am a safe pair of hands if anyone is looking for a driver...... :)

Matthew Hollis

Hi Paul,

Entry fee per car is now £2200 (entry form and details on this page: http://www.2cvracing.org.uk/joinus)
Cars change hands for various prices depending on spares, pedigree, over-confidence of seller - anywhere between £2000 and £5000 at a rough guess.
We race on Toyo tyres now. Having not raced the 24hrs at Anglesey before it is difficult to say how they will wear but generally they are pretty good. You could manage 24hrs at Snett on one set usually. 2cvparts.com sell them for £34.21 each
Cost of a seat varies, best bet is to keep your eyes on this forum section, as there are already people advertising for drivers.