Main Menu

Anglesey points of interest

Started by Chris Yates, July 10, 2014, 21:10:34

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

Photo album: https://picasaweb.google.com/114953333854264209458/AngleseyRecce#

Water taps: 1/2" BSP connections, same as Snett. Taps are located on the back wall of the garages (outside).

Electrics: Per garage side there are four standard 13amp domestic sockets, one blue single phase 13amp connector, and a yellow round connection (can't remember spec)

TV: Standard (old school) aerial socket connector.

Fire lane: The fire lane is about double the width of the one at Snett. It extends from the back of the garages to the yellow line shown in the following pic. The garages are slightly proud of the surface here, and there's a tarmac ramp to each garage. You wouldn't want to drive alongside close to the garage, it would be bumpy!

Front of garages: This suffers the same thing as the fire lane - the tarmac ramps into the garages are quite pronounced, so drivers will have to take quite a sharp line into their pit boxes.

Internet and mobile coverage: I'm told you get great coverage at Anglesey with Vodafone. I got bugger all though on EE/Orange/T-mobile!  The internet at the circuit is linked to the rest of the world by a wireless connection - this is 4mb capacity I understand. However, the public wi-fi access is going to be less than this (particularly if we're going to be streaming video/audio out!). Additionally, public wi-fi access is not 'free' - unless there is some arrangement I'm not aware of, you'll have to pay for wi-fi access at the circuit. If you're on a network that gets limited coverage, this may be your only means of connectivity.

Paddock: good news, it's pretty big, and there's no space limits really behind the garages, so we may be able to get several vehicles, caravans, etc. lined up behind each garage.

Check out the link at the top for more photos, including some of the scenery around the 'back' of the circuit!

jamespoulton

Excellent, thank you Chris.

Do you know whether we will be able to run leads across the Fire Lane as with Snetterton with a cable runner (not sure of the exact name, but the rubber thing the cables go in!)?

Or will we have to use generators for campers, caravans fridges, lights etc behind the pits.

Thanks

James

Chris Yates

I would *think* they'd allow us to stretch cable protectors across the fire lane, but to be honest I just don't know. It may be worth clearing that with the circuit manager, Andrew.

Paul

No cables to be run across the firelane,and fuel in tuff jugs only,no Jerry cans  as I understand.