Main Menu

SeaLion going to Spa / UPDATED

Started by Martin Harrold, September 05, 2014, 20:51:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

Well maybe.

We're planning to run race winning 97 at Spa. It's all ready to go, with the only problem at Anglesey being a puncture. And we have a couple of unraced engines. Sir Pete will be in the crew, might even drive. I'll be driving - so we're obviously not planning on winning anything!

We just want to do it and enjoy Spa. We did the original Club two hour event there 14 years or so ago, and with the years moving on, this seemed a good thing to do this year.

We have one of 4 seats available to someone with £1.2k and who will help with logistics and muck in.

Call or text me on 07973 303982 or email [email protected]

UPDATE:  We've looked again at the logistics and stuff, and other things and decided not to run 97 at Spa, this year. Jon and I are coming over to take a look around and see how we might organise things for a go next year. We'll be leaving early on the Thursday from Birmingham. If there is any small thing that we can do to help those racing, then just shout.
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Nick Roads

Competition on track in UK class looks like being close if it helps for a driver make their mind to decide

Provisional teams other than SeaLion:

Crisis - Car 92 (defending their win last year in the UK class at Spa)

Pie Men - Car 50 (cheaper drive available for one driver as of todays date, see their forum post for details on how to contact them. Likely to be slower than Sea Lion but improving with every race)

MIM - Car 89 (very quick finishing car from Anglesey)

Rosie Racing - Car 22 (with Walfords and Nick Clarke in the car this is expected to be very fast...)

Snowy and Friends - Car 63 - looking at entering but without Mr Myatt who will be in the BNLL hydrid trying to win the overall race again

Tete Rouge - Car tba but with some very quick drivers and a possible surprise merger with another racing team so expected to be very competitive

Alec Graham

Just a reminder from memory:
Seats need to be in date
Also slightly more stringent scrutineering of garments than in the uk
undergarments req'd including balaclava and socks. Boots and gloves get a good looking at too!
I'm sure trevor or somebody else with a similar breadth of knowledge could give the proper requirements should you need to ask.

Mick Storey

This has the potential to be the best spa yet. I'm off to buy some trophy polish in anticipation

Simon Crook

i'm hoping to go and spectate as I've had a season out  ;D
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING

Matthew Hollis

We all failed with our gloves last year - they have to be FIA compliant. In fact, I think everything had to be FIA compliant?

Trevor Williams

ALL overalls, gloves boots etc need to be to FIA 8856 - 2000. Take a look at the attached ISC appendix L

You ALL need to print off and carry with your National A licence the start permission letter from the MSA attached to this
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!