Main Menu

Race car for sale

Started by onlyme, January 11, 2015, 17:13:02

Previous topic - Next topic

onlyme

Regrettably I have come to the conclusion that I shall not get round to racing my old car for the foreseeable future so I think it is best I sell. Originally built by Norry Taylor, we won a 24hr at Mondello in it and also won the 2hr race at Spa some years back. Been hardly used since but comes with more spares than you could imagine (not least a complete body shell with negligible rust !).

Must go so will sell to any sensible offer.

Regards to all those who remember me

Roger Lott

Louis

Hi Roger,

Do you have any pictures of the car at the moment, do you know what is now out of date, and how much would you like for the car?

Kind Regards,

Louis

onlyme

Hi Louis

The car is embedded in my storage unit so I have no current photos. Enclosed is how it looked before its last 24 hr outing

It will need the seat belts replacing and the extinguisher servicing (MSA lifecycle rules). It has a webber carb on one of the engines and latest exhaust but the king pin strengthening mod hasn't been done. If the safety items were done it could be raced as it is.....yes it would benefit from paint where it was kissed at the rear but it could still be run as is.

If I were to plan a season myself I would also do a body repair to the back (parts already in the spares store), freshen the paint, do the king pin strengthening and send both engines (to Sam?) for a check over.

With all the spares thrown in ( and trust me the list is huge!) I want £4k

The car is in Market Harborough and , if anyone is serious I shall extricate it from the store and take a load of photos.

Roger

Purple-bodger

Hi Roger,

You may remember me, I'm Bill Murray's daughter Sarah. I think this might be the car my dad drove when it won Mondello in 1997? Anyway, if it's still available I would be interested in speaking with you. I'm New Zealend until next week, but I could give you a call when I get back. My e-mail address is; [email protected].

Hope your keeping well

Sarah

onlyme

Hi everybody

Sarah has just bought the car so hopefully there will be one more on the grid before long.

Roger

gadget

nice to see the next generation coming through,
I can remember sarah accompanying her dad a few years ago.
look forward to seeing you again sarah
gadget