Main Menu

Dogs

Started by hemi442, August 10, 2015, 16:42:36

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi442

I appreciate that dogs were allowed in a restricted area last year specifically as a dispensation because of the attendance of the 2CVGB campers, rather than as a request from us in racing teams.  We'll be staying nearby and have to have our dog with us because we'll all be at Anglesey with no-one to look after her at home.  Will she be allowed into the circuit at all this year?  e.g. in certain areas only and on a lead at all times, or only if she stays in the car?

Nick Roads

officially no dogs would be the position  - unofficially if you followed your suggestion should be ok but would not ask when you go in. I am not expecting there to be lots of 'officials'

Trevor Williams

Nick
Please don't make statements like that......

Dogs are not allowed at Race circuits, and if spotted, the owners will be asked to leave the venue and remove the dog...
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

hemi442

Thanks Nick for your reply.  Fully understood. Apologies if this inadvertently put you in an awkward position, but because dogs were allowed at Anglesey in a restricted area, on a lead, last year, I felt that, despite this being highly unusual, the situation may be the same this year.
I've been around race circuits for over forty years and so am aware that over the years it has become the norm that dogs apart from guide dogs etc are not normally allowed in most areas of most race circuits, hence my original question.

Pete Sparrow

Hi Hemi
I have the same issue. I spoke to the circuit and they have said no dogs, this is normal practice at circuits for obvious reasons. last year was a one off.
ta
Pete
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

hemi442

thanks Pete.  I suspected that, but don't ask don't get....