Main Menu

Snet 24 hr - 2004

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 02:30:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on December 07, 2003 at 21:57:08:

24 Hour date - there has been some pressure on us to move from the original date of June 18/19/20 which is still in the Snet diary. Ian Watson at BARC tells me that Dale W has put a bit of pressure on and it now looks like we shall run that w/e. That is the weekend after Le Mans and we think it will be a good date. BUT - things can still change although we very much hope not.

Entries - after last year, when we had teams clamouring for grid places early in the year, and then we found only 34 cars on the grid, we are not sure how to play it this year. We can start the process by simply asking those intending to run to send simply the team leaders name to me at e-mail above. If you might run more than one car, then please just say Smith 1 and Smith 2 (er, or similar).
Following all the publicity the race got this year, there is already some interest in seats for 2004 - I've had Motor Sport News on looking for seats for 2 journos. With the website not active just now, I'm not sure how we are going to sort that. Ideas please.

Autosport International - the 'will we / won't we have a stand' saga is no different from previous years. We need to plan to build a stand, identify 2 /3 cars and have staffing rota in place, but we won't know for certain until the week of the show. Some dicsussions are going on with 'a leading motor sport magazine' and if successful, will greatly increase our chances of getting a stand.