Main Menu

24 Hr and Autosport show

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 02:31:55

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on December 21, 2003 at 09:42:49:

Dear All,

1) 24 Hour Entries: The first sweep of possible entries has come up with 20 in total - 16 probables and 4 possibles. That is quite encouraging at this stage, but the harder bit is the second twenty, who obviously tend to be the occasional racers.

2) Display Cars for Autosport: Trevor has asked you for offers of cars for the show. Should we get offered space, which is always very last minute, we are ready to build the display frame, fix lighting, set up a TV and video (we'll show the '03 24 hr video) and some signs.

What we shall need is two nicely turned out cars. They would need to be brought to the NEC during the latter part of the Wednesday, which I think is the 7th. Then to be collected on the Sunday evening. That is a lot of hassle, but if we don't have some cars, then there is not much point in having a stand. To save time, offers please to me at [email protected]

I think Trevor has also asked for offers to man the stand. I've not seen it yet, but that would normally be two or three people on for each morning and afternoon, for the four days. If we can't get freebie tickets, the club will consider covering the admission costs of anyone wanting to claim. Please contact Trev on that.

Merry Christmas, Martin