Main Menu

One sided conversation !!!

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 02:34:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on December 30, 2003 at 20:52:57:

It only seems to be me who puts anything here just now, so, sorry to do it again, but needs must.

1) I heard today that the 2CV Racing Club will have a stand at Autosport International. We will know later in the week the location and size. We should have the video showing the '03 24 hr film, banners with the provisional '04 2cvparts.com Sprint and AVO Enduro dates, a banner for the '04 24 hr, two cars and some leaflets to hand out.

2) We do now have two cars, from Mark Heywood and Simon Pearson, with another in reserve.

3) Trevor is planning the stand staffing rota. He has told you that he is a bit short just now. Normal thing is that club members go to the show for a day and spend half of that on the stand. If you have not done it before, you'll soon get the hang of it, and it is quite fun talking to the visitors. Please get in touch with him. He'll be posting the draft rota soon and you'll see where the gaps are.

4) I've been building up a provisional list of entries for the 24hr. I've put in as 'not committed' all those cars we know of, but whose owners have not yet made any decision. That shows a total so far of 61 cars, with more to be added. The list also includes names of people looking to hire cars and cars for hire and sale. I can e-mail you a copy of the full list on request and will be happy to insert any updates.
Of those 61, 30 are firm or provisional entries. We can fit three cars in a garage in comfort, so that takes us to 39. We have a track licence for 46 so if we got that number, 7 garages might have 4 cars. We need 40+ to make the race commercially viable.
If you are wavering and want to enter, please let me know soonest. Once we get past 39, I will start talking nicely to Snetterton about making a bit more garage space.
Happy New Year, Martin H