Main Menu

Tuff Jug changes

Started by Chris Yates, May 31, 2016, 16:10:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Yates

I've just gone to buy a brand new Tuff Jug for the 24 hr, and what I was presented with had a different "Ripper cap" from what most people have now - it was BLUE! Also there was no safety toggle on the base (the slidey thingie to prevent accidental release), and the jug itself was more opaque white - the older ones are more see-through.

I'm told this is how they're supplied now. I asked if there were any differences in the nozzle, and was told no.

I was able to exchange the blue nozzle with a red one from the other jugs in the shop, so I currently have a red one same as everyone else.

But, if someone appears with a blue nozzle instead of a red one - it's not them cheating or anything :) (well, as far as we know)

The jug that I bought was still labelled with Fair Trails Enterprises, and has the embossed Tuff Jug writing on the side. It also has Sunoco stickers but the new ones don't.

Louis

I believe that those with blue nozzles can buy a new cap from Aubrey(?)

Chris Yates

So apart from the colour, is there a difference? The official site seems to suggest not: http://www.tuffjug.com/products/ripper-caps.html

Simon Crook

no difference Chris unless tampered with - I have a red tuff jug along with my white one that we have to use, both have different colour caps - have done dump test with both exactly the same flow rate 
Simon Crook - Back Racing in 2013
LUMACA RACING