Main Menu

Pembrey

Started by Paul, February 21, 2022, 15:45:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul

I see that on BARC website we are not down to race at Pembrey, is this just an omission on their part or are we indeed not going to Pembrey?

Chris Yates

It's a mistake Paul. BARC have lost the guy who used to update the website, so there's a couple of inconsistencies. I've asked them to fix it.

Paul

Chris Yates

All fixed now. Apparently a button wasn't ticked as it should have been.

Paul

13 years I've managed to avoid it, I'm sure all the bad memories will come flooding back.

Derek Coghill

I managed to crash out of a good position there, or so I'm told. Serves me right for going on the grass, I suppose...

Not far shy of a thousand mile round trip.

kinchieman

My first-ever race was the first race at Pembrey back in 1990 - and yes it's a 1000 mile round trip. Tip for anybody starting out in racing - start closer to home... Thruxton was another 1000-mile round trip, Brands Hatch was "only" 850 miles! The race at Spa in 2000 was about 1500 miles. Petrol companies made a big profit from me going racing!

Neil McD. Glenkinchie, Scotland

Francis Rottenburg

Years ago I went up to Knockhill from near Wantage with Mr Scatchard and we didn't qualify (remember that!?).  They allowed me to take the start in case anyone couldn't make it and I then got black flagged and hauled over the coals by the CotC for having a go.  There must be some cracking stories of long drags to race meetings but not starting?

Martin Harrold

Hi, all:

Pembrey car and truck races in May will be live streamed at BARC.tv.

Live timing and race timetable available at TSL

For those not competing or going along to watch a great weekend's racing at Pembrey, the Citroen 2CV races, the truck races and most of the others will be live streamed and available at BARC.tv.

Production by 24/7.tv. Same people who will also be covering our races at Silverstone and the whole CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour in August.

2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

Francis,

I went to Croft in my first year, then down to Goodwood for the Festival Of Speed hillclimb on the Saturday and up to Anglesey for the oversubscribed race on the Sunday. Went off and took the fuel line off; didn't qualify. Long way home.