Main Menu

What do I say to this competitor ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Dick Roberts (Web admin), December 03, 2004, 03:09:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dick Roberts (Web admin)

Posted by Martin H on May 27, 2004 at 22:49:45:

Dear all,

I have today had this message from a member of a team who has entered (and paid) for the 24 hr.

Frankly, given the general lack of support for my request for a minor rule change which would allow such cars to start with '03 engines, I am at a complete loss as to how to reply to this competitor on the subject of his cam. Based on our own experience, I think it unlikely that he will be able to obtain and install an '04 cam and tune the engine in the remaining few days available.

Could those who were keen to quote the rule book and generally split hairs please now advise me what I should say to this competitor in reply.

I believe that his team represents the true spirit of 2CV racing in general and the 24 hr in particular.

Thanks, MH

" ----- Original Message -----
To:
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 5:59 PM
Subject: Snetterton 2CV 24hour race Enquiry

>
> This is an enquiry e-mail from ?????????
>
> Hi Martin,
>
> My name is ????????? and I am racing with ???????? team for the first time in a 2CV in the 24hr race at Snet.
>
> We have a car which we are preparing which last raced in 1999 apparently. We have heard talk on the website of a new Camshaft that has been introduced to the club but only club members can get it from Kent Performance Cams. Is the Camshaft something we must have or does it not apply to us as we are obviously not in the championship running? Does the Camshaft improve performance and how long does it take Kent to do the work. To be honest if we can avoid doing this work I think we will!
>
> Also ???????? has emailed you on the subject of membership. Is it still the case we have a 'day' membership for the 2cv 24hrs? If so when is this paid and to whom? (oh and how much is it?)
>
> thanks for your help
>
> ????????????????? "