Main Menu

Medicals

Started by Nigel Hollis, January 07, 2023, 16:02:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel Hollis

I have noticed there is a new requirement in the licence renewal process, if you require a medical and fall into the age categories below then you will need a resting ECG as part of the medical:
75 onwards annually

I don't know how many people this will affect or whether your normal doctor is able to carry this out, and at what cost, so if it affects you best to get it sorted sooner rather than later!

Laurence Broadhurst

I used Motor Racng Medics when I came back in 2020 as I had been away for a while and also had a heart attack since last racing. I needed a stress related ECG, and Mark was extremely helpful. This was during Covid restrictions and nowhere else would even talk about helping. It cost a lot, but it got me back on track, even though MSA initially said I wouldn't be able to get a licence. A resting ECG and medical is listed as £150.

neandethal

Did mine at my local doctors surgery and it was £120.

Laurence Broadhurst

Good old Motorsport UK - had my application for weeks and now they decide I need an ECG and medical, plus a report from a cardiologist!  The cost is annoying obviously, but the time involved is the most inconvenient part.

Nigel Hollis

Have had similar issues - was there an incident somewhere last season that has caused stricter scrutiny?

Laurence Broadhurst

There is something going on at Motorsports UK. The Dr I am using is on the medical expert group of MSUK and he knows that I do not require anything this year, but the people in the office say I do. I have asked for a copy of the guidlines that say that I need the medical and ECG, and am still waiting.