Main Menu

Proposed Track Limits Regulations and Penalties

Started by Trevor Williams, February 01, 2023, 09:34:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

The attached proposed amendments to the regulations regarding Track Limits is out for consultation.

I would suggest anyone intending to race from 2023 onwards reads these, and then makes comment to the Race Committee of MSUK by the deadline of 20th February 2023.

If you don't, then these are likely to be passed at the MSUK Board Meeting on 12th April 2023 for immediate implementation
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nick Roads

Thanks - so presumably if there are pressure sensors outside of the white line or kerb any contact from a car tyre could be judged as the car having left the track. Last year the complete tyre (wheel) had to be shown to be on the sensor before a car could be judged to have left the track? So in theory going to be a lot more penalties.

Also noted that the club could add into the Special Regs for the 24 hour that penalties are to be reset every hour per car.

Trevor Williams

Don't count on sensors working, most don't.

Write whatever regs you want for endurance racing, as the words "may be penalised..." are the pertinent ones in my view

Personally, I wouldn't reset penalties at all, and especially after driver changes. It is the car (team) that should attract the penalty
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Will F1 cars be penalised for crossing the white lines too? It's not fair if they aren't, yet clubbies are.

Paul

Quote from: Trevor Williams on February 01, 2023, 17:22:27
Don't count on sensors working, most don't.

Write whatever regs you want for endurance racing, as the words "may be penalised..." are the pertinent ones in my view

Personally, I wouldn't reset penalties at all, and especially after driver changes. It is the car (team) that should attract the penalty
They need to change may for will Trev. Definition of kerb " a stone edging to a pavement or raised path". So they're not kerbs therefore rule is useless.

T AU C

Thank you Trevor. I shall be sure to respond to the consultation.

T AU C