Main Menu

pembrey timetable

Started by Chris Hall, April 26, 2023, 12:23:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Hall

please see the Pembrey timetable You cannot view this attachment.

Laurence Broadhurst

How do 3 drivers qualify for the endurance race in 20 minutes?

nick nice toes

Quote from: Chris Hall on April 26, 2023, 12:23:21please see the Pembrey timetable You cannot view this attachment.

I was told the enduro wasn't going to be the last race on the Sunday.
Makes me change my mind about doing it given a 7 hour journey home after

T AU C

That's not exactly great news. ☹️

Chris Hall

the drivers can qualify in the sprint races ie at least 3 laps but there is still time to get 2 drivers qualified in the 20 minutes. The idea is to maximise the race time.

Sorry they've moved the race to the end of the day from being the penultimate one

Matthew Hollis

Quote from: Laurence Broadhurst on April 26, 2023, 14:39:16How do 3 drivers qualify for the endurance race in 20 minutes?

Hi Laurence, just to expand on Chris' response, unlike the 24hr qualifying sessions (where it is required for all drivers in a team to complete a minimum of 3 laps (out lap, flying lap, in lap) in both day and night sessions) there is no obligation for all drivers to take part in the enduro qualifying if they have already completed the mandatory 3 laps in the sprint race qualifying.

So my recommendation would be to use the 20 minutes to ensure any driver completes their minimum 3 laps if they haven't done the sprints, and then stick your fastest driver in for the rest of the session. But obviously up to you how you want to do it.

Hope that makes sense!?

Laurence Broadhurst

Hi Matthew,
I had hoped that it would not work as a stand alone qualifying. We may have a driver #3 so it is logical to give that driver maximum time in qualifying.

Andrew Bull

So anyone else predicting a reduced time enduro then!!!
Guarantee they'll knock all time off our race if there's any delays in the day.  we lost out at cadwell AGAIN! (Which was not cascaded to the drivers) and there is very little room in the timetable for slippage, before the curfew!
Andrew Bull
Tête Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

Paul

I suspect you may be correct, at £100+/minute we don't want to be losing too many minutes. I wonder what Trading standards would say about consistently not receiving the product you have paid for ?
 Maybe next year it should be in our regs that race time cannot be shortened after the race has started.

Trevor Williams

Which wouldn't get approved as it would contradict GR Q.12.24.9 and GR 12.28.5
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

David_R

I'm struggling to understand why there is a 1hr "lunch" break in the schedule.  Does the track need a rest?
I know all the track staff will need a break, but is it really necessary to shut down for a full hour?  Would make so much more sense to put in two 15 minute breaks (or some other system) during the day rather than the track being "unused" for an entire hour right in the middle of the day.

Is it BARC who put the timetable in place?  Or Pembrey track?

Matthew Hollis

The BARC put the timetable together, probably in conjunction with the circuit. Lunch breaks are nearly always 1hr, though occasionally shortened if timetable is running behind. Last year they also had spectator trips around the circuit so may do this again too. I think some consideration has to be given to the marshals and staff, take into account their days will start well before the racing starts, and not end until quite a bit afterwards, many doing this in a voluntary capacity.