82    Andi Donaldson    Reggie-Mental Racing
89    Nick Crispin    Dilligaf
92    Nick Roads    Crisis@Tete Rouge
96    Jennifer Hall    Pork Pie Racing
97    David O'Keeffe    2CV Team LION 1
300    Shirley Hennessy    Tete Rouge

Chris Yates

Chris Yates

It was pointed out that paid practice for 2CVs/CNC Heads/Track Attack was immediately before our qualifying sessions. I asked for this to be swapped with the Junior Saloons and it now has been - so there is now a timetable update:

Timetable V2: https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/NW05-Oulton-Park-8-July-2023-v2-Published.pdf

Also finals have been updated -

Finals V3: https://www.barc.net/wp-content/uploads/2023/07/NW05-BARC-NW-Oulton-8-July-Final-instructions-v3-published-04.07.2023.pdf

Finals may change again because I think the briefing times and scrutineering times mentioned are now wrong.

Chris Yates

Please note: Our championship briefing will now be held at 08:55, in the media centre (race admin/control building). Scrutineering will be from 7am (also on Friday afternoon)

Chris Yates

Please also be aware that there will be a film crew from the TV show "Bangers and Cash: Restoring Classics" present at Oulton Park. They may be looking to do interviews and soundbites, so please don't run away!

San

Great racing by everyone again.
Our race 2 gets cut short again.
I do hate the BARC. I will send BARC an email, I hope other competitors do too and that the Club gets in contact with BARC. Not sure our Clerk argued hard enough for us.
I am grateful, however, 2CVS aren't the last race of the day anymore, so, whoever negotiated that - well done, lets hope we can keep it that way.
When was the last time the 2CVs had a red flag? And yet we always seem to get penalised.
I noticed Race 1 didn't run the full length. (Although, perhaps a miss calculation as Kris was rapid!)

My issue is that they stipulate "In the event that any race has to be stopped then the Clerk of the Course reserves the right to send the race back to the paddock and only undertake a further restart at the end of the day if time permits." However, the BARC don't follow it through. As I understand it: Junior Saloons had a red flag in R1 which delayed the day. And hence a 12 min race for our R2, which turned out to be 14 mins anyway because of the length of track.
Junior Saloons had another Red Flag in R2 after 1 lap.
The last two races of the day didn't get run according to TSL. Not sure if that was time or weather. Does anyone know?

Andrew Bull

Totally agree san.  I think cadwell last year was restarted?  Then r2 cut very short.  As usual we are at the mercy of the other clubs on the same card.  Clatterhams, juniors, and very fast stuff that when they go off usually go a long way, thus have an impact.  We have the luxury of less speed meaning shunts are relatively minor and normally we can 'self recover'. Thus not stopping the racing.  I think we drove impeccably, put on a great show, did a lot of good for the club and it was much cleaner on track than previous outings this year. 

I also understand that the post race weigh in was up for some debate with two alleged cars underweight (acc to the scales at Oulton) that were not penalised. Anyone shed some light on this or expand with some facts? 

Thanks
Bully.

Ps. Did anyone get any footage of my huge moment in island race 1. Lap 1.  Unfortunately my GoPro died after the two green flag laps. 
Thank you everyone for your super reactions to avoid me.  Sorry to the rest of the field for letting Tovey get away. 
Andrew Bull
TĂȘte Rouge Racing with Habitabull & Propolis
Rookie Champion       2022
team champions         1998 2000 2008 2009 2013
24hr winners               2005 2006 2009 2010 
championship winner 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2013

San

I should have the footage of your moment. I got a good view of the side of your car, I did think at the time that you need to have an arrow next to the TOW sticker on your door!