Main Menu

Dinner Dance - 18 November 2023 Westmead Hotel

Started by T AU C, August 30, 2023, 10:07:13

Previous topic - Next topic

T AU C

Hello all. I trust you all got home safely and are recovering from another long weekend. Many congratulations to our 24 hour winners, new driver's champion and all those on the podium.  A great season with twists, turns, ups and downs.  Many thanks also have to go to those who have worked tirelessly to make this all happen.

Now that it's nearly September, it's time to start thinking about the dinner. 

I'll get the application forms out to you all next week but just a reminder for now about the date. 

T AU C

Invites should have landed in your inboxes this evening. Looking forward to seeing you there.

T AU C

So, invites have been emailed out to all current club members thanks to Chris. However, for those of you who aren't members, here are the details:

You are invited to the Classic 2CV Racing Club Dinner/Dance and Awards evening on Saturday 18th November 2023! This is to be held as usual at Westmead Hotel, Redditch Road, Hopwood, Birmingham, B48 7AL.

Start time: 18:30
Dinner to be served at: 19:00

The cost of this event is £48 per person which includes a three course meal (with vegetarian/gluten free options available) and a disco. This must be paid for in advance of the event, by Friday 27th October at the latest.

Accommodation is available at the venue. The hotel have given us a discount code which can be used when booking: BK126962. Double, twin and single rooms are available. You can only use this code by calling the hotel directly to book the room – 0121 445 1202.

A full English breakfast is included in the price of the room.

Please remember to book your room in advance to avoid disappointment! The rooms are currently being held for us but some will go on general release on 23rd September.

Menu Options

Starter:

Melon and Parma ham
or
Chicken liver parfait, caramelised onions, chutney and toasted ciabatta
or
Butternut squash, sage, Apple soup (v)

Main Course

Pan friend Chicken breast
or
Salmon fillet, garlic roasted new potatoes, seasonal vegetables
or
Wild mushroom risotto (v)

Dessert

Baked vanilla cheesecake, blueberry coulis
or
Apple and blackberry crumble with custard
or
Vegan Lemon cake

There are vegan options; please just ask. The hotel can also cater for gluten free on request.

Please confirm your attendance, accompanying guests, menu choices and dietary requirements by completing the online form at:

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSf6Q-r5vP2bVePiHeZYxuNjPGmJRwgyAMH5qcBPct7Ju0LCXg/viewform?usp=sf_link

Or, send your details and choices by message to me if you would prefer.

Payments for this event must be made to the 2CV Racing Club via bank transfer and must be received by Friday 27th October at the latest.

We hope to see you there!

T AU C

Just giving this thread a bump...

Thank you to those who have booked already. I've just got half an eye on confirming numbers with the hotel in a few weeks and thought a gentle reminder may help.

Look forward to seeing as many of you as possible there.

T AU C

Just a quick reminder, you have 7 days left to reply if you want to join us 😊

T AU C

Thanks all for your replies. I look forward to seeing 79 of you in a couple of weeks time.

Unfortunately, it is unlikely I can now tag anyone else on. I will, of course, try but I can't promise.

T AU C

Morning all. Just a week to go. Thanks to all who've signed up. There are just a handful of people who haven't yet paid. I'll try to send out some reminders today but, if it's you, can I please ask you to pay, £48 pp, to the club account, this weekend please. Thank you

T AU C

Hello all.

The Hotel have emailed me all the room confirmations for the weekend.

I have forwarded them on to each of you FYI should you need them to check in and/or settle up.

See you Saturday x