Main Menu

2024 Season

Started by George Broadhurst, October 26, 2023, 15:10:32

Previous topic - Next topic

George Broadhurst

Hi all,

Looking forward to seeing everyone at the dinner dance in a couple weeks, always a real highlight of the year...

Ahead of the AGM just wondering if we have an early idea of next years calendar? One of the points raised in last years meeting was that members would like to be given advanced notice of the calendar ahead of the AGM, allowing members to feel more involved in the process. So just wondering how discussions with BARC are progressing and do we have any idea of where we'll be heading next year at this stage?

Cheers

Chris Hall

Hi

It's been a frustrating process and I'll report on why at the AGM . We have some provisional dates and we're working hard on the 4th sprint date

Cadwell   April 27/28
Croft     May 18/19

June       tbd

Snetterton  Aug 24-26

Oulton      October 12

We've not had a chance to discuss with everyone because we had to grab what was going. I'll explain at the AGM and please remember these are provisional from BARC

George Broadhurst

Appreciate the response Chris!

Thanks for all the work behind the scenes, I'm sure conversations with BARC aren't the easiest to say the least!

Talk more at the AGM

Nick Roads

Sorry to not make it to the AGM.

What is the calendar for next year even if its just provisional & any changes to tech regs.

Matthew Hollis

Hi Nick,

Calendar and AGM minutes will be online soon, we just had to finalise payment details and schedule with BARC. Please bear with, we should be able to share the details before Christmas. Basic worded tech proposals and outcomes from AGM as below:

Techical proposals:
TP1: Allow the removal of the redundant handbrake lever, cables, and gearbox mechanisms if not used. (Not Mandatory) - carried.

TP2: Allow the use of the Indicator holes in the front wings as alternative intake points for Brake Cooling ducts. No Protrusion forward of the hole is allowed.   Ducts, taking air from this point, for any purpose other than brake cooling are not permitted. - not carried.

TP3: 24hr - Allow the use of 2 refuelling jugs per pit stop.  To be used consecutively, and in the same function manner design and type as existing regs. - carried.

Thanks
Matthew