Main Menu

Sunday Morning qualifying possibilities

Started by stuart dean, January 14, 2005, 11:51:30

Previous topic - Next topic

stuart dean

Hello,

I've got a problem with the May bank holiday date for the 24hr, in that I've got a prior commitment in Bristol on the saturday and there's no way I can get to Snett before Sunday morning. So, my question is this: would I be able to qualify on the sunday morning? The saturday evening qualifying session I know is to give people experience of driving in the dark, except it's not really dark at all... Anyway, having done the last two (and two Mondello races before that) I know what it's like to drive in the dark, and having been racing and testing cars and bikes at Snett for 15 years I know which way the track goes. Not sure if this is a decision for the club or BARC, but would like to get some idea of what the likely reaction is going to be. If I can't drive I'll still be there, but obviously I'd rather be driving.
Cheers, Stuart

stuart dean

Just had the following back from the BARC: might be relevant if anyone else is n the same boat.

" MSA Regulation J.4.4. allows you to miss practice completely if you have raced in the same type of car on the same circuit in the last twelve
months (if you did 2004 24hour - job done)
The CoC will have the relevant paperwork to fill out and will decide on
the grid position if that has any bearing on it.
Regards

Dale wells
Competitions Manager"