Main Menu

Bella's Boys appeal for Great Ormond Street Hospital

Started by Pete Sparrow, April 13, 2005, 23:50:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Sparrow

Dear all.
You may have noticed via the club website that myself,family and friends are trying to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospitial for children by racing a car at this years Snetterton 24hr.
As you may or may not know my youngest daughter had major reconstructive surgery carried out on her skull when she was 2 years old.With out this work being carried out she was very likely to be brain damaged as she grew up.
Since and during the operation both her and us have been looked after brilliantly by the hospital and by raising money we hope to repay them part of great dept of gratitue that I feel like I owe them.
I hope that if you are or plan to be parents that your child never has to visit G.O.S.H  because if they do it is generally their only remaining chance to get better.
What I am asking is for a couple of quid out of your pocket,a donation from your business (Which is tax deducatable,reciepts given) or a gift that we can raffle or auction at the Friday evening party.Anything will be greatly recieved.We will also be selling T shirts which can be seen on the Bella's Boys pages on this site modeled by friends and family.
I will always give help or advice to any of you that ask me when its needed (and sometimes when its not) so if you can see your way to doing something for me I will be eternally greatful.
I know who you all are and I will be compiling a list.......
Seriously though,if you can offer us anything please reply to this post.
I will put a list of the stuff up for grabs in the near future.The auction will be conducted by the one and only Mr Mick Storey and a gimp (me) so it should be a laugh.
Thanks again.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Dick Roberts

Hello Pete

Yvette & I would like to donate a package of one year's web hosting, URL registration and full e-mail facility for one year including a four-page set up where the text and pictures are supplied.  

Worth somewhere between £117 and millions depending on content.

The Bella's boys web visibility continues to grow at http://www.2cv-racing.org.uk/teams/bellasboys.htm

Best wishes from Dick & Yvette

Pete Sparrow

Dick and Yvette.
Thanks very very much.You have already done so much for us.
You've been crossed off my list.One down....
Cheers

Tim Williams

Pete,

Matt and I will gladly donate a box of various stuff from our main sponsor Morris Lubricants (some oil, brake fluid, brake/carb cleaner, etc.) No idea as to it's value, but worth a few quid!

Tim

Pete Sparrow

:D
Tim ,That's great,as I said it doesn't matter what it is,I know people that have paid 5 quid for a lemon at a racing club auction.
Thanks again.

Catherine Noble

Hello!

I shall think of something to donate for the raffle but I refuse to part with my wooden spoon.

As I'm being lazy just now (exam study so not in fact that lazy) are you being sposnsored for the race and if so where do you direct donations?

Catherine.

Steve Panas

Pete,
       Will offer for auction co-drive at Silverstone [International] to highest bidder. This is the last Enduro round of the season and will be in the car that finished 2nd in series last year. Only proviso being driver must have driven at some point before in 2cv racing. Might appeal to somebody at Snet who only drives the 24. I would hope you could raise a few quid for this. Ring me if you need any clarification.
Cheers Steve

Pete Sparrow

Cheers Steve,may even take that myself.
I'm sure we'll find someone for it.
I'd also like to thank Matt Riley who has also donated £100 out of his own pocket.We have about £2250 at the moment with some decent stuff to auction.
Thanks very very much
Pete
8)

Pete Sparrow

Catherine,
sorry missed your posting,I normally look for pictures,typical bloke.
I you want to send a donation have a look at the Bella's Boys part of the site:-
www.2cv-racing.org.uk/teams/bellasboys.htm
Anything will be appriciated
Thanks
Pete

Catherine Noble

Cheers Pete!

Is a bottle suitable for the raffle? Whom should it be handed to on Friday eve? As yet don't have an arrival time only a day!!

Best wishes

Catherine

Pete Sparrow

Catherine,
Come and find us we will be in garage 6 or 8.
Thanks very much
Regards
Pete

Catherine Noble

Cool! See you some point Friday evening (assuming we all leave Scotland before lunch!)

Best wishes
Catherine