Main Menu

Black circles - (Tyres)

Started by Pete Sparrow, January 23, 2006, 23:48:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Robertson

Paul Robertson

Nigel Hollis

Derek - there's a new firestone F560 135-15 on ebay at the moment if your interested.

Catherine Noble

Trevor Williams

All the talk about Bridgestones, Continental and Toyo tyres is very amusing, but nothing more than talk.

From the time spent investigating the alternatives I feel I must point out a few "home truths"

1. Bridgestone tyre for smart cars is I think the B340 sries. This is not approved for motorsport.
2. According to the Blue Book, the Continental tyre that is used for smart cars, which is approved at the moment, may have that approval withdrawn by 31st December 2006.
3. The Pirelli tyre is approved for motorsports but is rarer than hen's teeth in this country

I don't know what the Toyo tyre being talked about is, so please get me some details.

Firestone F560 145 R15: I have found a company in the states that owns the original moulds for these tyres. They are a vintage tyre supplier with their UK distributor approximately one mile from my front door. I have been told that they will be making this tyre again, so I will keep in contact with them to see how feasable it would be to get a load of tyres imported.

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Nigel Hollis

Re: Australian contact for Firestones. I've tried contacting several times but without success. Details are-
Antique Tyre Supplies
134 McEwan Road
West Heildelberg
Melbourne
VIC 3081
www.antiquetyres.com.au
Maybe  they are the aussie agents of your U.S. source Trevor?

Trevor Williams

Nigel
Yes they are!
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Catherine Noble

Have info on Toyo somewhere, but I can't put my finger on it at the mo. Have a feeling though that it might be in some of the lit I picked up at Retromobile, which may mean not available in the UK, tried web last night which was a bit unhelpful though that may be linked to this tempermental computer!

I 'ate technology!!

C x

Dick Roberts

Hello

Alan Bradford at Silly CVs in Rochester, Kent carries Toyo tyres.

http://www.sillycvs.co.uk/
Unit 1A Vicarage Lane, Hoo Marina, Hoo, Rochester, Kent ME3 9LB, England
Tel: 01634 252987 or 07860 276806
e-mail:[email protected]

Best wishes from Dick Roberts

Catherine Noble

Cannot locate the original thing I saw Toyo tyres in, maybe I dreamt it after all!

www.melun-retro-passion.com

This lot have the following listed in their 2cv catalogue as issued this year:

125 x 15 Firestone
135 x 15 Firestone
135 x15 SR ZX Michelin

No idea how accurate they are or reliable, they are in France too which just complicates it further!

Club Cassis, www.2cvclub.com again located in France list in their catalogue:

Michelin - 135 x 15 XM+S89, 135 x 15 ZX, 125 x 15
Toyo - 135 x 15

Realise this is singularly useless information, but had said I'd try and find the info I'd thought I'd seen. Off to review the car mags I've bought recently in case it was in one of them instead ... note to self, invest in memory.

C x