Main Menu

New to the 2CV Racing Club 24 Hour Race.

Started by Stirling Moss, April 01, 2006, 01:03:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Stirling Moss

Hello,

I am delighted to have been given the opportunity of driving in this year's 2CV Racing Club 24 hour race. It holds all the spirit of the glorious days of Le Mans and I look forward to enjoying a splendid race.

I am a little embarassed to have been given the number 'one' for our car and I hope this and the shuffling up for all the other teams (needed to put us into garage number one) doesn't cause too much inconvenience.

We do have one spare seat, so if anyone wants to join me in the team, do let us know - I believe the deadline is the first of the month.

Best of wishes, Stirling Moss.

Catherine Noble

Welcome to 2cv racing! See you at Snetterton.

Best wishes

Catherine

Andy Craig-Smith

Mmmm,
I sense excitement building up here!
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:
Rocket Dog Racing

Stirling Moss

Hello Andy

I have heard about your driving skills and, as a newbie, I wondered if you could give me a few tips.  I have done a lot of 24 hour races but never in such a special car as a 2CV.

Could you drop in with a car so that we could do a few laps at my place?

S Moss

Dick Roberts

Changing all the car numbers AND the garage numbers could take a lot of effort with 40+cars.  

What about '+1' being printed (about 150 would be needed for each side and the garages) so that the original numbers could be kept with the suffix '+1' being clear to see.

I am worried because if I change all the numbers the grid could change too and that would be very confusing.

Pete Sparrow

Dear Sterling
I think you may be a little ahead of yourself by bagging number '1'.
You have to earn this number in this club.
I may be wrong but I believe that you've never been a champion.
Hope to see you out there.

PS you cant have 28 either
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Stirling Moss

Hello Pete

It's very good to hear from you - I have been admiring you from a distance for a while.

Don't worry about 28 (2+8=10, 1+0=1!)  I don't need a number, lucky or otherwise anymore - it's embarassing but I am double booked with a champagne tasting on my yacht with the Hot-Girls-Dancing-Troupe off Cannes so I can't come to Snetterton this year anyway.

Nice while it lasted - good luck to you all.

S Moss