Main Menu

Thank You for an excellent 24hr Race

Started by Aubrey Brocklebank, May 04, 2006, 16:45:16

Previous topic - Next topic

Aubrey Brocklebank

On behalf of Team Twin Snails and Team Twin Snails Too I would like to thank everyone especially Paul and Steve for all the hard work that went into making it such a rollicking good weekend.
Thanks You
Aubrey
Aubrey

Paul Robertson

:oops: Aubrey ALL the hard work was done by Steve this year .I would like to express my admiration for him and for Simon for the professional manner in which they organised the whole weekend .It takes a huge amount of effort just to stage a race let alone the event we had last weekend,hats off to them .
As a club we must now take advantage of the hard work that has been put in this year to make next year bigger and better .Roll on the 2007 STINGRAY 24Hr.
Paul

Francis Rottenburg

I agree with Aubrey that the event worked like clockwork (whatever happened to Clockwork Orange, I thought it was a permanent fixture?).  The officials were friendly and understanding when difficulties cropped up.  The race was fantastic fun but it was made by the organsiation and those people who did all the behind the scenes stuff.  Very well done to Steve and Paul, the BARC people and obviously the marshals - they were  immensly courageous when cars and bits of cars needed to be rescued.  Would you run out on the track if you knew Sparrow was on his way??  Roll on next year and plenty of rain.....
Francis :D

Pete Sparrow

That's no way to speak about my wife
her driving was fantastic  :shock:
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)

Martin Harrold

Despite the wet, the wind and the cold - and that's just the engine - we all also enjoyed the race, just as much as ever. Thanks to Steve P and all the others who helped organise it - I do recall just how much hassle it can be.
We've got a bit bored with trailing round near the back for the past two races, so we are going to try just a bit harder for next year. Putting the exhaust and the inlet manifold gaskets on the right way round will be a good start !

Best wishes to all, Martin H
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Derek Coghill

Martin, if you trail round at the back then anything better's a bonus.

The reverse might also be true, but I've never spent any time at the front so wouldn't know.

Francis Rottenburg

Pete, (I thought carefully about replying to this....) the irritating thing is that not only are you moderately swift, your wife has now shown us that there could be a racing dynasty.  It's a shame she started so late otherwise I suppose you would be doing the children thing while she won all the cups!  Your children will have to carry ballast from the word go!  Okay so Katrina probably would beat me in a fair 2cv fight but I'll always be older than the pair of you!  Francis

Pete Sparrow

Francis. My wife is as hard as nails,you haven't seen her in anger yet. She could give Mike Tyson a good kick in. As for the racing, I have great respect for all the girls as they all showed good pace and what's more they all enjoyed it.Looks like Mrs S will be at Anglesey so watch out. Evenings round our house are real fun now that we both race, even I'm getting bored of the stories.
Regards,Pete.
PS I did do the children thing ,it just didn't take very long.
The older I get, the more rubbish I talk
(and the more pills I take)