Main Menu

Tyres Tyres Tyres!!!!! We can get Firestones again!!!!

Started by Trevor Williams, September 25, 2006, 18:56:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Trevor Williams

All,
I need in the next week a firm idea of anyone interested in ordering BRAND NEW Firestone F560 145x15 tyres. These would be un-buffed, fully treaded tyres.
I am endeavouring to meet with the UK distributor to work out a unit price, but I must have an idea of what kind of quantity we would be looking for.
I am initially looking at an order between 100 to 200 tyres, so once the price is worked out, payment would be required UP FRONT
Please reply here with numbers of tyres required
Cheers
Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Derek Coghill

Paul Robertson

derek ,i have some 135's if you are interested some buffed some new.

Francis Rottenburg

Blast!  And I thought the new buffed set in the garage might be worth something one day!  Call me Scrooge!

Derek Coghill

Thanks Paul, I'll give you a call next time I'm headed south.

I spotted (on ebay, search for 2CV*) that Vintage Tyres were selling Firestone 125s so it may be that all sizes are being produced.

*I wasn't looking for anything, just idly browsing!

Trevor Williams

Derek
Coker Tires in the States are the company who have aquired the moulds for Firestone F560 tyres. I spoke to them on Monday night and they said that they have just sent a couple of container loads of 125s to Europe, that they would be looking to start production of 145s in the forseeable future and 135s as and when demand appeared.
They are only available through distributors in various countries, the UK on being 5 miles from me.
Cheers
Trevor

Marc Fenner

Ecas and 2CV city both have 125 firestones in stock. £45 or something.
Put me down for 4. Is it ok to put something on 2cvgb forum. Might get more orders?

Trevor Williams

Marc,
That may well be, but they have to get them through the distributor, I know, I saw an order from ECAS when I was there
Trevor

Marc Fenner

Just thinking it might get our numbers up meaning we can get the tyres slightly cheaper.

Oli Hall

Morning chaps... tally ho' and all that.

I'd like 8 tyres please Trevor.

PS. Guys..... If we all get them from the same place, through our illustrious club captain then we will no doubt get the best deal on price. Trevor is cutting out the middle man and so if we order enough we'll get wholesale prices. Much as I love to her stories of someone seeing 2 sets of 125 in a garage in Banbury when they were a child, I think its best that we leave it in Trevors culpable, I mean capable hands....  :lol:

Nick Roads