Main Menu

Tyres Tyres Tyres!!!!! We can get Firestones again!!!!

Started by Trevor Williams, September 25, 2006, 18:56:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Martin Harrold

Four for me also, please. Martin H
2CV Team LION
2CVParts.com Champions 2014, 2015, 2018, 2019, 2021 & 2022
CITROEN 2CV 24 Hour race winners, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2020, 2021 & 2022
m: 07973 303982

Catherine Noble

Does this mean the regs are changing for tyres at the AGM?

Are the newly manufactured tyres going to be the same as the original Firestones or wil the regs have a tyre date attached?

Just curious.

C x

Trevor Williams

Catherine,
No, just trying to source a supply of the tyres that most people prefer to use.
I will be checking with the manufacturers regarding compound of rubber compared to what Firestone produced.

Also, I will be asking if they can manufacture the tyres with only 4mm of tread to reduce overall costs to the members by negating the need to get them buffed

Regards

Trevor
Some days, it's REALLY difficult being me!

Marc Fenner

I have just come across a new tyre that i have not used before on a 2CV. They are made by a company called Kumho. They are amazing. They grip 3 times better than firestones in the wet and dry. They are very good value for money too.
I know we cant use them but is it worth looking into it if firestones dont happen?

Trevor Williams

All
Last Chance!

If anyone else apart from those who have posted hear, or who have replied to my text message wants to order Firestone F560 145s, please post here by Sunday 5th November 2006.

I will then put a posting with the names of those who want tyres and their respective quantities

I will then contact the importer and arrange a quotation for these tyres. Once a final cost is agreed, you will be contacted to CONFIRM your requirements

Be warned, if you say you want tyres, you will be expected to pay the club UPFRONT before we place an order

Regards
Trevor

Richard hollis

Trevor Williams

I have just sent an email to the tyre distributer asking for them to firm up the costs for the tyres. I have done this because I have been informed by the manufacturers that they are now in stock in their warehouse. Just a shame that that is in Tennessee!!

Once I have got the firm costs back, I will contact all those who have requested tyres to confirm the quantities that you want and get cheques for the cost of your orders

Delivery details will be advised at a later date

If anyone else wants tyres in this first order, please contact me asap on my mobile number or by email

Cheers

Trevor

Ben Allan

Trev,

Thanks for organising this.  

Sounds like a complete pain.

Ben

Trevor Williams

Right,
The manufacturers in the USA have 400 in stock. The suppliers in the UK are having 50 shipped over on the next container which is loading this friday. If the club orders in bulk the priced will be in the region of:
1-5 £50.00 plus vat
5-10 £45.00 plus vat
100 £40.00 plus vat
150+ £38.00 plus vat

Delivery in the UK not included

NOTE: The prices will rise by 5% to 15% on 1st January 2007

I NEED BY WEDNESDAY NOON FIRM NUMBERS OF TYRES THAT ANYONE WANTS

I will be placing an order on Wednesday 15th November 2006

Cheers

Trevor

Ben Allan

Richard hollis

Andy Craig-Smith

Rocket Dog Racing

Martin Harrold

Trev:

I re-confirm an order for 4 tyres. This repeats a message some way back, so don't double count.

BR, Martin H
2CV Team LION

Martin Harrold

Trev:

If it helps reduce costs by dealing direct, if you can order direct from the company in Tennessee, I can arrange the shipping to UK. We can also arrange payment transfer very easily.

We consolidate through a freight co. in New Jersey every 4 weeks or so. Freight and duty usually work out at around 12% on the goods cost, delivered Birmingham. Truck freight from Tennessee to NJ would be extra, but it's quite common for suppliers to pay that part if you twist their arms, because it's quite slow - 10 days would be average. Duty rates vary by product, 6% is the common.

Let me know if this might be helpful. Martin H
2CV Team LION

Trevor Williams

Martin,
Unfortunately not, their deal with the suppliers in the UK is exclusive and you have to go through them. That was the first question I asked back in February this year!!! Good idea though, thanks
Trevor